41~Art School

It had been a month and two weeks since Lauren and Y/n had been closer to each other than just being in their rooms and sulking. They were both at the event, hosted by Mr. Vives himself, but he knew he had to keep the girls separate.

Lauren hadn't been this close to Y/n since graduation and her nerves were eating her alive. She craved her touch, her scent, the nights they'd spent; Lauren was frustrated, emotionally, physically, sexually. She knew it was all her fault, especially since she'd kept it a secret when multiple people told her not to.

"Are you Ms. Jauregui?" An elderly lady asked snapping Lauren out of her thoughts, not that she was really having any, she was spaced out.

"Yes Ma'am." Lauren nodded her head and corrected her posture, making her hands meat and fold nicely along her bodies natural midline.

"I'm obsessed with your brochure- not because of the information- the artwork, it's intricate, soft yet bold, and has a wonderful unspoken element behind it." She spoke while taking the brochure out to view it once more.

"T-thank you, It was hand drawn." Lauren admitted but kept it at that.

"Certainly magnificent." The elderly woman spoke. "You have a keen eye for natural beauty. The people here are so real- and its helping a great cause- and you did this." She kind of trailed off.

"I like to draw the actual people from pictures I find on google. Then I do some research and come up with a lot of ideas. Mr. Vives is the one who gets to choose which one gets displayed." Lauren admitted, wondering how this older woman had gotten in.

"Madam Hofstra we need to go into the donations room now." A male dressed in an expensive looking suite leaned down to speak with her, by then Lauren's eyes widened.

"Madam Hofstra- from Hofstra's Artistic Academia?" Lauren almost choked. "I dreamed about attending your school for years!" Lauren childishly admitted.

"I know dear, I read your personal Essay." She winked and left the room following the tall male in a suit.
______

"I want the pieces to be big. Thats why I made so many." Y/n spoke to the chef, who'd asked why an entire fridge was filled with flan only.

"Don't worry Y/n they will all have nice flan pieces." The chef assured her. "Please don't stress, its not good for the  baby-" he pointed toward the belly bump, "-and please stop eating the hors d'oeuvres, everyone else would like some too!" He joked.

"Are you calling me fat? I'm eating for two,"
Y/n joked back while placing a hand on her visible bump.

"I would hope you would be fat, you have a human being inside of you." He spoke seriously while placing the meat on the plate in a presentable way.

"Alrighty guys, sorry to have to go, but my child wants to make a pit stop." Y/n mentioned.

"Ew TMI," Jasper rolled her eyes playfully.

"Don't you mean you have to make the pit stop?" Ally asked in a confused tone.

"Hardy har, Ally, I'll be back soon." Y/n spoke while leaving the kitchen and walking inside the restroom.
______

"Okay Laur, you can go pee now. I also don't recommend the east-bound restrooms. Someone, I'm not sure who, took a smelly dump." Taylor spoke.

"Would that someone be the same person who told me they would be back since they had to- and I do quote- 'drop their kids off in the pool'?" Lauren asked while placing air quotes around Taylor's part.

"I don't confirm nor deny." Taylor spoke.

"Ugh, I told you to lay off the hors d'oeuvres." Lauren spoke while walking away to the south bound restrooms. These were the closest toward the dining area and she knew they'd be empty since the designated dinner time is in another hour or so.

Lauren was washing her hands when she heard the unmistakable sound of a squeaky stall door opening. She looked up in the mirror to see a beautiful, pregnant, and glowing Y/n.

As soon as Y/n had begun washing her hands, she looked up to see she had company and gasped. It had been a while since she had seen Lauren- she looked skinny- but her heart started to beat faster, her emotions were getting the best of her and she became angry and full of adrenaline. And all Lauren did was stare at the growing bump in shock.

"For fucks sake Lauren the water!" Y/n spoke while closing the tap on the sink.

"What?" Lauren asked herself- maybe she should try sleeping since she keeps spacing out.

"I miss you." Lauren spoke, breaking eye contact with the shorter girl.

"How dare you." Y/n begun.

"I'm sorry- I know I have no place- I know you won't forgive me. I-I'll just go." Lauren stuttered over her own words but managed to leave the restroom.

"Ow shit-" Y/n while rubbing her stomach feeling a cramp forming. "It's okay little bean, No more stress, hopefully..."
______

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming, we appreciate your generous donations and hope to send you some great news in the near future!" Lucy spoke the night coming to an end.

Everyone had cheered and picked up their belongings. Once the clapping had ceased everyone had left, some lingered, and Y/n was in the kitchen eating left over flan.
______

"Well Phillip, I've made it down to three contestants and I'm not sure who to choose." The frail woman spoke as she displayed all three files in front of her- facing Phillip.

"Alright, we have Carla Jenson, she's been painting since the age of six- over achiever, nobody cares." Phillip slips a side comment as Hofstra snickered. " Her achievements include someone buying her art while she was in the sixth grade, art is her passion- Madam Hofstra why her? She seems like your average movie type of girl who gets everything she wants."

"Continue, Phillip." She demanded.

"Father passed away and mother was- she had to sell artwork to get by, was her main motivator and taught her everything she knows." Phillip finished and looked on toward her art pieces, admiring them.

"Next contestant."

"Is Henry Osher, who is into photography, is often distracted with pictures when he should be doing homework. Wants to design billboards for companies, photograph food for restaurants, and profiles for models. Is a firm believer in a picture is worth a thousand words since losing his hearing at the age of twelve." Phillip flips through his photos and is drawn toward a frail looking child, jumping up in the air, smiling wide even if her eyes showed fatigue.

"Those are photos of his sister before she died of leukemia." Madam Hofstra commented.

"And Lauren Jauregui. Her passions aren't art at all, but the way love moves through it. The way it can describe someone as being selfless and giving, fearful, hurt, or evil. Drawing is her strong suit. She prefers to draw something with a story to tell than something that isn't meaningful- like a flower." Phillip chuckled.

"One of the drawings are of herself, she's pulling a mask off to reveal a clown." Hofstra pulled out the picture.

"Weren't you talking to her when I puled you aside? She's the girl who broke another girls heart by placing a bet." Phillip mentioned.

"Yes although she is foolish, her art is impeccable. Based on the art alone who would you choose?" Hofstra asked.

"Although it sounds harsh I prefer Jauregui. She isn't using a sad story to sucker me into wanting to choose her, no offense." Phillip commented.

"Based on the writing alone?" Hofstra asked him again.

"None of them." Phillip chuckled.
______