7~ Dinner

School had been over. Taylor was currently waiting on Lauren to arrive at the middle school to pick her up. Chris had to stay for some football practice and frankly, she didn't want to wait on him to finish, and she's been starving by now. At that moment, she could see Jasper, she was currently waiting three double doors down. She contemplated on talking to her or not, and found her body taking action, before she could process what she'd been doing she tapped on Jasper's back.

"What is it now? Are you going to beat me up for wanting to do student council with you?" Jasper rolled her eyes.

"No. I just wanted to say-"

"That you hate to have to work with me. I get it."

"No I-"

"Taylor, you don't have to stand here and tell me how much you hate me, I get it." Jasper cut her off again.

"Will you shut up and let me speak?" Taylor asked, having enough of being cut off.

"Sorry." Jasper spoke while looking down again.

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry. It wasn't right for me to have picked on you for something that won't even matter in ten years. Let alone two..." Taylor said while fixing the strap on her backpack and keeping her hand there.

"Did your sister put you up to this? You don't need to apologize." Jasper spoke while turning back to face the double doors.

"No, I really am sorry, Jasper." Taylor spoke and Jasper scoffed.

"This is the first time I haven't heard you call me 'casper' and pretended I wasn't a ghost."

"I'm sorry about that too, I really am. I guess after all these years I was hiding-"

"Listen, Jauregui. I understand that your parents want this dinner to go as smooth as possible, but I don't need you buttering me up and thinking you've changed when you'd been bullying me since sixth grade. Two years don't change a person. Especially if that person is you." Jasper huffed while roughly opening the double doors and storming outside, heading to her sisters car.

Taylor was left flabbergasted. She'd wanted things to go smoothly and apparently Jasper wasn't having any of that. Taylor then frowned and kept her head down. She was getting ready to admit to Jasper that she'd realized she'd been hiding her affections, but if this is how she reacted to a simple apology, how would she react to a confession.

Taylor had seen Lauren's car pull up and she headed out of the double doors. She wondered if she should tell Lauren why she'd bullied Jas, but figured her sister would make fun of her for it later, so she decided not to. She opened the car door and faked a smile, getting in without a word, and staying quiet the whole way home.
______

"Do we really have to go?" Jasper asked while sitting on the toilet as her sister showered.

"Jas, we've been through this, literally since I picked you up. Why are you so, I don't know, jittery?" Y/N asked.

"Why weren't you and Camila riding together today? Even Sofi left early." Jasper spoke, changing the subjects, suddenly remembering her friend wasn't there.

"About that." Y/N began and pulled back the curtain some. "Camila is mad at me."

"Why?! I mean, I know she has a temperament, but you're always patient." Jasper muttered. (Pun intended.)

"She found out I was having dinner with the Jauregui's and she became sour."

"See! This is why we shouldn't go!" Jasper spoke.

"Jasper, shut up and get ready!" Y/N spoke over the running water.

"Fine fine fine. But don't expect me to fix my hair. I hope it drips all over their nice floors and damages them." Jasper spoke while fluffing her wet hair.