43~ Bad news

"Can't believe you invited her." Y/n repeated for the hundredth time that day as she was getting ready for her gender reveal appointment.

"Shut the fuck up." Jasper replied.

"You said that a hundred times already!" Y/n yelled back.

"Oh great, you have been counting! Have you taken a hint yet?" Jasper asked sarcastically, standing at her sisters bedroom door.

"I just want to throw everything out of this house out of frustration." Y/n replied angrily as Camila came in the room.

"That means you too, Jasper." Camila joked while grabbing her song book.

"Are you sure you can't bail?" Y/n asks Camila while she turns around, back facing Jasper.

"It's my make it or break it. Trust me you are my best friend and I would do anything for you- but there are times when I need to do things for myself." Camila spoke gently grabbing Y/n's hands within her own after setting the notebook down on the desk.

"So this baby means nothing, then." Y/n pulled a straight face before erupting into laughter.

"If you didn't laugh I would've almost believed you. I felt the adrenaline kick in." Jasper spoke from behind them.

"I would never! Camila knows I'll always support her dreams. And I know she loves my smol bean." Y/n pat her *slightly* extended stomach gently.

"Of course I do, I know smol bean will wish me luck today."

"Is 'Smol bean' the name for this child? I do not accept." Jasper threatened.

"Imma name It Smol now." Y/n joked.

"Poor kid." Camila joked while laughing.

"Are you headed out so soon?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah, if I'm not there early I can kiss this dream goodbye. Fill me in on the deetz." Camila began to walk out of the room.

"Camz?"

"No Y/n/n i really cant stay five seconds longer." Camila continued down the stairs.

"Mila?" Jasper asked.

"Take care I love you girls."

"You need this, sherlock."

Camila had turned around to see her song book in her best friends hands before she tossed it down the stairs into Camila's outstretched hand.

"Good luck."

"You too. I know you'll need it."
______

My heart was beating extremely fast as I drove toward the hospital. I slowly turned into the parking garage. I knew the appointment wasn't for another hour but I had nothing better to do at home and my nerves got the best of me.

"I could always take a nap." I mumbled to nobody in particular and reclined the seat to the point of laying down.

"Way to go Lauren. Now you have to wait a while." I spoke to myself. I grabbed my phone and started playing random games to pass the time, but every time I checked the clock, it felt as though the minutes themselves turned to hours.

"Holy fucking shit, this is taking forever."
______

"Good evening, how may I help you today?" The nice receptionist man asks.

"Hello, I'm here for a check-up. Under Y/n."

"Of course, I'll let the doctor know you're here. If you could please sit in the waiting area, we'll call you in when he's ready." He smiled politely while pointing toward the waiting area.