40~ Meeting with Vives

Y/n had dreaded the conversation leading to her baked goods having to come over to the Vives foundation dinner. She completely forgot about it (i almost did too you guys). She knew that Lauren would be there. But thank goodness it was still some time away.

"Hey, are you busy?" Camila asked as she stepped inside of the living room, songbook in hand, hair up in a bun.

"No, but I'm busy thinking." Y/n raised a brow to see her friend make her way around the couch to sit next to her friend.

"How are you holding up?" Camila asked. She was slowly starting to work the conversation toward her friend. She wanted her to heal.

"Not yet." She spoke softly and Camila nodded.

"Can I show you something?" Camila changed the topic and watched as her friends almost watered eyes look at her brown ones and nod.

Camila smiled and headed toward the piano in the middle of the living room and pat the bench beside her so Y/n could sit next to her.

"Remember when I said I was working on college applications?" Camila asked softly, looking down, and then back up.

"You didn't submit them. Did you?" Y/n asked and Camila confirmed.

"Show me." Was all Y/n said as Camila set her song book on the other side of the bench and began playing the beginnings of one of the songs.

"It's called Never Be The Same." She softly spoke and began singing.

(i'm not one of those authors that insert song lyrics so y'all is saved lol)

As soon as she started singing the chorus, she grew confident by the second and let her muscles loose. Kind of like this was natural, she started singing the high notes that sounded close to Angels whispering in the living room.

By the End of the song Camila and Y/n had shifted through the bench and ended up looking into each others eyes.

"I'll never ever, ever, be the same-" Camila ended, staring at her friend, as if everything had finally fit together and made sense.

Jasper had heard the music coming from the living room and made her way toward the stairs and leaned on the railing. The song was phenomenal and before she could say anything, she saw Camila and her sister close their eyes, and connect their lips. She resisted a gasp but kept staring.

Their kiss turned into a make-out session, Camila then stopped and began breathing heavy.

"I-I'm sorry- I don't know what came over me-" Camila was left confused.

"Don't." Y/n stated.

"But-" Camila started and Y/n kissed her again. She sighed and closed her eyes wrapping her arms around her best friends waist, which had grown significantly over the past two and a half week.
______

"And today will mark your third complete month of pregnancy, on June 27th." The sonography technician spoke while  taking some final measurements and turning off the sound of the baby's heart beat.

"I understand that the time isn't definite but when will my sisters due date be?" Jasper asked sweetly.

"You, Missy, are always one step ahead of me. The due date is surprisingly on Christmas day." The technician responded while printing off the paper and sending the measurements off for their documentations.

"Here is this for your third month and I sent a message to the front desk for your next appointment, Take care!" She spoke while heading out.

"Well that went smoothly." Y/n spoke while trying to forget how special December was for her.