42~ Meeting With Hofstra

"Oh great. What are you doing here?" Jasper rolled her eyes after her attempt to close the door failed since Lauren stuck her foot in the entry way.

"Listen, I know you would hate to see me right now, but if you could please give this to Y/n." Lauren spoke and handed Jasper the paper.

"An interview for some school thing? Why should I?" Jasper asked while raising a brow.

"Madam Hofstra wanted to interview my references and Y/n was one of them. I understand if she doesn't say nice things, or if she doesn't want to come at all. But if she does go I would appreciate it and if she chooses not to, please call ahead." Lauren stated, nodded to herself after the few seconds of silence, and turned to leave.

"Wait-" Jasper called out. Lauren was confused at the sudden outburst and froze in her tracks and whipped her head around.

"Don't think I forgave you, because I never will, but the gender reveal ultrasound is on July 22nd if you decided to act like a father to show up." Jasper stated.

"I would have shown up if someone invited me, but I knew Y/n wouldn't want to see me there. I can't put stress on her, its bad for the baby." Lauren answered.

"Listen, Lauren, you're technically the father of this child. You have every right to know the gender of the baby." Jasper rubbed her own arm as if coming to realization.

"Nobody would want me there." Lauren smiled sadly.

"Show up. It's at 1:30." Jasper finalized and shut the door to the front entrance and went upstairs.
______

"Hey Y/n/n. How are you?" Jasper asked at her sister while she lied down on the bed. She'd been feeling tired and fatigued so she'd been resting up for two days straight.

"Tired, moody, and hungry. Who was at the door?" Y/n asked her younger sister.

"It was a hand delivery for you. This paper apparently has all of the information you need." Jasper handed her sister the paper and waited for her to read it over.

"There's no way I'm vouching for her." Y/n rolled her eyes and threw the paper off her bed.

"Come on Y/n. Just show up and say what you want. They don't have to be nice words either." Jasper rolled her eyes while using Lauren's previous words.

"Fuck no." Y/n answered sternly.

"You'll have to call in and state why you won't be showing. And even then theres a reschedule appointment." Jasper partially lied.

"I want to scream profanities in the air." Y/n groaned and began to rub her aching stomach.

"I also told her about the gender reveal ultrasound appointment."

"Jasper!"

"Don't Y/n. You know just as much as I do that whether you want her there or not, she is the father of this child and she deserves to know just as much as everyone else. I understand that what she did hurt you, I know it still hurts because you loved her, but haven't you ever thought for a second how this is affecting her?" Jasper rambled trying to get her point across.

"So I'm supposed to push my feelings aside just to make her happy just because she is the biological father of my child?" Y/n asked while clenching her fists.

"You're are going to that interview, you are going to that ultrasound, and you can feel whatever you want toward her, but you can only verbalize it at one venue, not both." Jasper spoke while stomping out of her sisters room, never looking back, and slamming the door shut.