um-thank-you?

"Do you like it?"

Honestly, when have your parents ever gotten you something that you love, without you hinting or you blatantly mentioning that object to them every time you see them?

How do you tell your parents that whatever they bought isn't your style and that you will never use it, without hurting their feelings? Sometimes, it may even be your friends who get you the crappiest gift!

No offence to the rich kids, but this probably doesn't apply to many of you. This is a sweet, thoughtful gift that a person will get you, but it's something that you are ever going to use.

Do you tell white lies by saying you love it? But, it's a lie and lying is a big no-no, according to what our parents taught us from a young age!

So, that means you tell them the truth?

Wrong.

You obviously love the sweet gesture, and that they took the time to think about you.

Once you say that you hate it, they will most probably label you
as spoilt and ungrateful. And your parents or friends won't talk to you for the next few days.

HERE'S HOW TO HANDLE THE SITUATION:

Appreciate Their Generosity:

Immediately react to the gift, show your gratitude by thanking them. Put on your biggest smile, make eye contact, and be sincere when you thank them. Simply say, "How kind of you!", even if you detest the present. The gift may be bad, but there is thought in that present. If you have no idea why they got you that gift, simply ask them what made them think of you!

Honesty:

Sometimes honesty is actually the best policy! Your friend may have just gotten you a gag gift to see your reaction :0

Bad Actors:

Just hug them if you can't fake your love for the gift. There's no harm in hiding your reaction right behind their back, right?

Re- Gifting:

This is a big NO! Re-gifting is a horrible idea. Somehow, this will bite you on the butt later on in life. Simply donate the gift or just become a hoarder.

Next Time:

Get a wish list or just request cash! Keep it simple, but you may learn to love those horrid gifts :)

◼⬛◼

❝If I got you a thank you card to match the size of your generosity, it wouldn't fit in your mailbox.❞

~Unknown