free-fall-cake

"Ding!" Sounds the oven timer. Time to put on those humongous mittens, and open that door.

The steam fogs up your glasses, saliva drips from your mouth as you inhale the scent of freshly baked goodness.

What may the special occasion, you ask? Nothing out of the ordinary, except for your best friend's birthday! And it's time to spoil her like how she always spoils you!!!

Once the cake cools, you decorate it to the best of your ability... And WOW! It looks like a professional made it.

You place it delicately into a box. You grab your bag, and CAKE before you head out to the party that you happen to be 'fashionably late' too, except you look like your normal sloppy self, except you brushed your hair for once!

Time to gracefully place the cake on to the car roof while you search fumble for the keys in your bag. Ah, found it! You are silently relieved for a moment...

Because for time slows down for one second... In that one second, you slowly watch your masterpiece fall off the car roof and fall onto the cement.

The. Cake. Is. Destroyed.

HOW TO BRING THE CAKE BACK FROM THE UNDERWORLD:

P!ATD:

Whatever you do, DO NOT PANIC (A/N: this isn't a disco). Just breathe in and out. It's not the end of the world, unless your friend is a total bitch... Be calm, that way you can come up with a plan faster.

Store Bought:

A quick detour never stopped anyone, right? Stop at the nearest bakery on your way to the venue. Try to grab the freshest and most suitable cake. A 17-year-old girl won't appreciate a Ben 10 cake; unless it's the original Ben 10, not the latest crap.

Voucher:

If there isn't a bakery anywhere near you, head to any store that does vouchers. Vouchers and cash is the lamest present but she might understand. You could make it a shopping adventure with the two of you!

Lies And More Lies:

If you don't want to give her a lame gift, just tell her that you ordered her something online for her but it hasn't been delivered yet, throw the delivery company under the bus. While you are at the party, think of something you can get her. And make sure she doesn't have it.

Self- Decorated:

If you but a simple decorated cake you can always redecorate it to make it more personal. Hopefully your car has plenty of space as your kitchen. Just those simple edible decorations on the cake, maybe spell her name out for brownie points.

I Tried:

Just be honest, she'll love the thought. And she will value your company more than a generic present. But make it up to her by cooking or baking for her. Just make sure you improve your holding skills!

◼⬛◼
Well thought and sincere presents are the best!!! And it can be inexpensive ;)

Unfortunately two of the Double D's writers have decided to go in another direction. We wish you the best of luck kayy_cadger and JoCharlyta ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you for all your help and dedication to this book. It was a brilliant experience getting to know you and working together.

Thank you for the new cover theesupernaturalgirl ! It looks amazing, and Nishsai_V was surprisingly patient while you designed it ❤️