trips-down-below

She's beauty and she's grace... And she's pulling a Jennifer Lawrence!

It was obvious that once you attempted to walk on the roller coaster ride that is called the ground, things were going to be rough. And rough, indeed, they were.

Your glorious excuse for a life flashed before your eyes as you beautifully and oh-so-gracefully faceplanted into your stage.

Note to self: Go out and do things so that next time you can have something cool like skydiving flash instead of crying into a bag of chips at three in the morning.

Is there any way life can go on after this horrendous public act of utter humiliation?

Well, dear readers, if the answer was no, why would this chapter even exist?

Of course there are, and because life has a weird sense of humor, we're here to show you!

HOW TO SURVIVE THE BRUTAL ATTACK OF THE GROUND:

Quote Elsa & Let It Go:

Surely, no one has seen that, right? Yeah, we'll go with that. However, no matter how embarrassed your are, remember that your audience mostly consists of decent people who, hopefully, doesn't wish for you to fail. Best case scenario, everyone can laugh together and you'll go down as being a relatable person. Worst case scenario, some jerk decides to be a bully you about it, but honestly, if that person decides to be a terrible human being what can you do about it? Be the better person, and remember, no matter how you go down, it's important to own your beautiful flop.

A Clumsy Nimja:

As your see the floor getting nearer to your face, you remember that there is always some sort of save. Impromptu push-ups? A dancing fever that can only be cured by doing the worm? A secret alien ritual that requires you to fall randomly? Whatever your plan B is for this fall, make sure that's it's as seamless as possible. Otherwise... you'll just look more stupid.

How Low Can You Go:

Well, you're definitely down there. Nothing you can do about it now. And hey, was the floor always so comfortable? You've already reached your hulimilation event horizon, what's another layer going to do now? Have a good laugh and take a nap. Even in your state of mortification, it's important to have some self-care in there too. That is, until they force you up and you have to go on. Moral of the story: Enjoy life's little breaks when, or if you can.

Fake It 'Till You Make It:

Let's say that you were were going onto the stage to go something scary like a give a speech, and you really did not want to give that speech. Since you already conveniently fell, you could pull a "no sir, I can do this strenuous task because I horrendously sprained my ankle." Whether or not it's actually injured doesn't matter. You might actually get out of doing whatever task you were given. On the flip side, if it's obvious that you're ok, a fake injury will do little to help.

#selfrescuingprincess:

Back to our Jennifer Lawrence analogy, right before she got up, Hugh Jackman, being the gentlemen that he is, rushed to help her up. Who said that you can't have your own princely hero save you? Of course, your hero won't be as amazing as THE WOLVERINE himself, but you might just get a handsome, chivalrous young man. Maybe it'll be the start your very own cheesy romance novel. Or you can pick yourself up because you don't need a man to save you!

◼⬛◼

VOTE! COMMENT! FOLLOW!