party-of-one

Best friends stick together, especially during adversity.

Leave no man behind when you walk into an unknown territory....

Not leave you stranded at the doorstep at some ogre's party.

There is nothing more you wish than to sprint (Yes, we know. Ugh, exercise) home and snuggle up into your bed with your favourite teddy bear and laptop.

If you don't want to skittle away like a frightened chicken, continue reading.

HOW TO SURVIVE, WITH SOME DIGNITY INTACT:

Fake It 'Til You Make It:

Faking is your only making. Just ignore the anxious thoughts that are building inside your brain and go over and talk to someone who looks somewhat friendly or in the same situation as you. A clean shirt without blood looks like a good sign. You never know what might be the outcome. There could be a lifetime of friendship waiting for you.

I'm Allergic To Society:

Crawl under a kitchen table or hide in the wardrobe where no one can find you. You could even find your own Lion boy under the table (A/N: Someone better get that reference or Nish will feed you to sweet Cerberus). You may come across candies and other sorts of entertainment in there. Just watch out for sticky things, nobody want gum in their hair, or new shirt, and most definitely not on your chucks.

Wall, Is My Friend:

There is always that group of people who enjoy themselves by standing against the wall, involved in a chatty conversation. Find a free wall in the room and enjoy your one on one time with the wall. Watching teenagers in their natural habitat is a must-see documentary. And don't be shocked if someone wants to share your wall with you!

Dance The Night Away:

Your best friend might have abandoned you but your inner craziness didn't. Take yourself onto the dance floor and wiggle all your worries away.

Repel The Horny And Drunk Male Squad:

We all know that parties are filled with blasting music playing in the background and tons of yucky adult beverages turning the cold-hearted human(ish) individuals into an overly 'friendly' crowd. Prepare yourself to be the next target on some hunk's radar. They are determined to get to know every muscle in your body, hoping you'll be interested in their games. Getting the ticklish feeling of a sneeze coming, let it all out beside his face. Want to fake vomiting, go for it and aim at his shoes so that he could show off the new shoe trend to his friends. And no sleazeball ever wants to listen to 'Girl Problems'. Or play it simple and walk away from scene. Next time you go to a party, carry an anti-moth repellent. No one wants to get burnt over such a fire cracking flame like you are.

Book Club:

Lesson one of life, never leave home without a book. Find the quietest room in this fart of a house, no offence to the owners. Make sure that nobody is in the room, and lock the doors before some horny teens start experimenting with their sexuality or whatever crap. You could even start a book club, remember there are billions of social freaks like you out there. And we are one of them.

◼⬛◼

Stay in school and at home. The only time you need to leave your house is to buy food.