the-art-of-music

When you find the band or musician that you love more than anything, you tend to HATE those people who ridicule their music.

Tackling a stranger's opinion on your music taste is smoother than vanilla ice cream as their opinion slides down your throat not irritating your emotional taste-buds that much.

But, when you have to face your close friend, who throws daggers at your favourite musician, it makes you think that their body has been swapped with the one that belongs to Darth Vader- though Darth Vader is cool, and this friend is the complete opposite!

WHICH SIDE WILL YOU JOIN:

THE DARK SIDE:

1. The Death Stare:

Who said that we need to think about our actions? Look this supposed friend in the eyes, give them the best death stare you can muster, put on the most deadly voice you have and tell her that she is dead to you! And walk away...

2. Tantrum Time:

Everyone misses their childhood where they could get away with absolutely everything, so throw a tantrum. Jump up and down and screech, " You destroyed the last remnants of my heart! Sleep with one eye open!", you should probably repeat this for about 200 000 000 000 times if you want.

3. Fandom Gangs:

Post an aggressive rant on your favourite social media site, bashing your friend and her way of thinking. How could she not like the same musicianthat you like? Did you even know her?

4. Cool Off:

Throw water in her face telling her that she needs to refresh her mind browsers as it seems to lag often.

5. Google is my friend:

Search up some brainwashing techniques on Google to 'persuade' the her to like the same artist as you do. If brainwashing doesn't work, you could freely go on eBay to find some potions that would change the friend's view on the musician.

THE LIGHT SIDE:

1. Monkey Hear, Monkey Do:

When you are around that person it is natural that the lyrics of your favourite song from that musicianwill play on a loop in your head. Try humming it from time to time when that person is next to you. You never know they might give it a try!

2. Acceptance:

Accept that your friend and you have diverse interests, this may be why you guys are such good friends in the first place. Chew it down and try not to spit it out. Don't let your friend's personal opinion put you down. The song could be too dirty for their liking ;-)

3. Party Time:

Play your musician's songs at events such as house parties where it is more likely for the friend to give the musician a chance as they won't try to turn it off.

4. I'm Gonna Cry...

Your friend shouldn't criticize your music taste and vice versa. Next time this situation occurs, explain to them as gently as you can that you find their opinion disrespectful.

Or just say that you have a soft heart that breaks easily. Maybe say this while holding a puppy in your hands or even better wear a puppy costume that would highlight your softness inside out.

◼⬛◼

❝The earth has music for those who listen.❞

~William Shakespeare