500-miles

Moving to a new country, a new city or even a new school is terrifying.

Fear and worry reside in the pits of your stomach.

Your world has just ended... You're leaving your friends behind, your house, with the lifetime of memories you made.

You're leaving everything behind... Yes that does include your favourite Chinese restaurant.

But worst of all, how are you going to live without your precious-one-and-only other half?

STOP, COLLABORATE AND LISTEN:

Honesty Is The Best Policy:

Make sure your partner knows about the move from the minute you know know it's happening. Don't try and avoid the subject or wait for the perfect time. Just rip the band aid off. Because honestly there's no point in waiting. It'll only make it worse.

Chocolate And Chill:

Take their feelings into consideration about everything regarding the move. Don't be overly insensitive. But don't be the next Bridget Jones either. Make sure it's clear that this is happening and that this is life.

Don't Be IrRASHional:

Don't make a rash decision. If you're both committed then continue with the relationship. See how everything works out for the first few months and depending on how both of you feel towards the relationship you will know what to do.

Be Brave:

Don't end the relationship immediately after finding out about the move, long distance relationships sometimes do work. It all comes down to the commitment you're both willing to put in to the relationship. And the sacrifices you're willing to make.

It's Not You, It's Me:

If all else fails, there's no point in hanging on to a sinking ship, nobody needs another Titanic. At this point you may feel like this is your one shot at happiness but as cheesy as it sounds everything happens for a reason. And you are strong enough to deal with whatever life throws at you. Even if it means moving.

◼⬛◼

Remember: Moving to a new place is fun. It's exciting. Spread your wings and fly, hopefully not away.

❝ Yes, I believe in long distance relationships. There's seven billion people in the world, do you really think your soulmate lives down the street. ❞