negativity-begone

Ew, I don't like him.
-randomwattpadder.1

Sorry. This is too much. I can't read anymore, I'm gone.
-randomwattpadder.2

I can't believe you published this
-irrelevantwattpadder.1

It is a know fact that jerks, and generally insensitive people exist, not only in the real world, but on the internet as well. There's many of them, and you're bound to bump into a few if you participate on popular social media platforms.

God knows I've had my fair share of dealing with them. Some of them are downright hilarious with their lack of knowledge, and others are just infuriating because of how much hate they ooze with.

HOW TO DEAL WITH ONLINE HEATHENS:

The Old Breathing Technique:

If you're like me, then these things would usually work you up to the point of wanting to explode, and blast off on that inconsiderate person. This isn't the best way to deal with these type of people. Going at them in anger will only fuel the fire. So, take a step back, sip on a smoothie or your choice of drink, breathe in, and breathe out...

THEN PULL OUT YOUR VIRTUAL BOW AND ARROW AND LET THEM HAVE IT! CHANNEL YOUR INNER KATNISS EVERDEEN, YOUR HAWKEYE, YOUR LEGOLAS, YOUR MERIDA, AND SHOOT THEM DOWN WITH YOUR INTELLIGENT WORDS! YEAH! YOU GO! YOU.TELL.THEM!!!

OH, YOU DON'T LIKE MY STORY?? THEN LEAVE! NO ONE'S FORCING YOU TO READ IT!
-awkward_tumbleweed

It really helps to get it all out there. Let your crazy take over, and they'll think twice before saying anything else next time.

Silence is Gold:

Okay, maybe confrontation isn't your thing. That's all good. Because guess what? You can ignore them as well! Who said you have to reply to their comments with anything? Silence speaks volumes as well, people!

Two scenarios can play out with this:

A. You piss them off and they comment some more and now you have some personal entertainment, start popping some popcorn.

B. They just don't do anything else, and voila, problem solved!

Fangirls Unite:

Who says you have to fight with a small minded foe, your work should speak for yourself! And it doesn't, you better hope that your #1 fangirl shuts down all the haters. But just remember to monitor their argument. You don't need a huge fight that is reported to Wattpad, or angry, hateful comments.

The Sassy Card:

At loss for what to say to the pure idiocy that you just read? Time to call up that one friend who has the ability to think fast on her feet. If they're anything like my fast thinking friend, they'll blast that person to kingdom come!
If you happen to be the fast thinking friend, take the wheel and let them have it! Let's see if they'll even attempt to reply after that. P.S. Thank you to all the fast thinking people out there. You save us mere simple minded mortals from a whole lot of awkward situations.

Brains Not Brawns:

Sometimes, it's not always good to fight fire with fire. Instead, it's better to be the water in this metaphor. After all, we don't know this person, or why they're acting like this. So, start with an apology that implies you feel sorry for them that they feel the need to be so rude and proceed to use big words. Google them if you have to. Yeah, be water. But be ice cold water.

Out of Sight, Out of Mind:

Despite all these other options, sometimes deleting the comment is the best choice. Who says you need to have that type of negativity and drama in your life? No one! So go ahead, delete that comment. It's the power you have as the author after all.

◼⬛◼