un-guest-listed

Friend: Did you see how good I looked in the pictures from Saturday's party?!

You: Uhm, what party?

Friend: Haha, did I say party? I meant bathroom selfies ;)

You: *pulls out phone, opens Instagram and checks your friend's account, see photos from Saturday night, DEFINITELY NOT her bathroom. It's your best friends house, with a whole bunch of your close friends dancing, talking in the background.* Uh yeah. You look super *says in a voice without emotion*

Friend: (Oh shit) *Fake smile plastered over face*

Who would have guessed? You haven't been invited to a party.

It's not like you are party animal. So what's the big deal?

The big deal is that your best friend threw the party of a lifetime. And all your closest friends were there.

While you were at home minding your own business, bingeing Hemlock Grove.

Don't get us wrong, Hemlock Grove is amazing. But what's not amazing is your friends not inviting you. Not wanting to spend time with you. Not wanting to be seen in public with you.

You get the just?

H

OW NOT TO GET RESTING BITCH FACE PARALYSIS:

The Storm Before The Calm:

Get out all your emotions before you confront your best friend. Have a clear mindset. Just vent to a friend who is neutral, and who may not have been on the guestlist.

Posion Apple:

Don’t be petty. As tempting as it may be to get back at your friends, think about it first. Talk to your vent victim if you must. But don’t turn to pettiness. Although I hear that being slightly bitchy sometimes works. Murder is always effective if you can get away with it :)

 Murder is always effective if you can get away with it :)

Ear Wax:

When you know you’re calm. And I don’t mean calm, I mean proper calm, sweet and innocent. Then your ready to speak to your friends. If there’s a reasonable explanation as to why they didn’t invite you, they might share it with you. If so, ignore the rest of this chapter and do tap the star at the end please!

KimK’s Rear:

If their reason was faker than KimK’s rear end and didn’t even apologise to you, then carry on reading. Remember to breathe. In and out! The best way to deal with a situation like this is to decide whether or not your friendship is worth salvaging. Is there a proper reason why they didn’t invite you? If not, get a Tinder for friends.

Emotional Roller-Coaster:

It’s inevitable for you to be upset. Emotional. Remember that all your emotions are justified. So beat the shit out of that punching bag or bawl your eyes out. Don’t hold anything in. Watch sad movies with tubs upon tubs of rocky road ice cream. Read. Cuddle your teddy bears. Read. And remember that just because someone or multiple someone's didn’t recognise your value, doesn’t mean you aren’t a gem. Keep your chin up and head held up high.

Thank You:

Remember to thank your vent victim for being there for you. Apologise if you did almost chop his/her head off.

◼⬛◼