[ three ] big bad wolf

c h a p t e r   t h r e e big bad wolf

c h a p t e r t h r e e
big bad wolf

Yet another lacrosse practice was currently taking place on the field after school, and Stiles had forced Harper to go. Not that she would say no to him if he simply asked anyway. Over the weekend she had a lot of time to think about her current situation to do with Stiles Stilinski.

So apparently she might like him a little bit, which scares her. Harper always said that falling for your best friend is so clichè and only ever happens in the movies and the One Direction fanfiction that she used to read like two years ago. She thought when that stupid crush she had on him three years ago left that it was gone for good, but clearly, her heart wasn't done.

And her heart wanted what it wanted, so who was she to stop it?

Harper hadn't really spoken to Stiles or even Scott all weekend, she had another sleepover with Allison, this time without anybody inturrupting. Harper met her dad.

She wish that she'd been close with her dad before he died, but he was always way to engrossed at his work as a doctor at a mental hospital to really bother with her. She still loved him and missed him dearly, however.

Allison is pissed at Scott. More angry than she is upset, which is kind of understandable. He did leave without an explanation, stranding her at a party with kids she didn't know and no ride home. And then he didn't text or call her all weekend. What an idiot.

Stiles was actually on the field today, standing at the back of the line of boys waiting to take a shot at the goal. Harper sat down at the back of the bleachers, a notebook on her lap as she scribbled down notes for her history test coming up, watching her boys at the same time.

Coach Finstock blew a whistle loudly, "Let's go! One-on-one's from up top. Jackson, take a long stick, today. Attaboy."

The green eyed boy nodded, dropping his lacrosse stick only to pick up an even longer one. The whistle blew again and Jackson quickly jogged over to stand a few meters away from the goal. She guessed he was in defence, but with Scott's new werewolf abilities this shouldn't really be a problem.

Harper was wrong.

Nobody could get past Jackson, he threw them to the ground without a second thought, blocking every lacrosse player from shooting the ball into the net. And then it was Scott's turn.

The brunette hoped he would be different, that he would beat Jackson, but unfortuantly hope wasn't on her side this time.

Scott ran up to Jackson, or more like a quickly paced jog, but was tackled as soon as he went to lift his stick. He landed on the ground and Harper winced. Thankfully Scott got back up quickly as coach approached him, chuckling.

"My grandmother can move faster than that and she's dead!" He laughed loud enough for even Harper to hear at the back of the bleachers. Stiles and the petite girl shared a look of worry as coach continued. "You think you can move faster than the lifeless corpse of my dead grandmother?"