[ five ] thank you, too

c h a p t e r   f i v e thank you, too

c h a p t e r f i v e
thank you, too

It was pitch black outside now, and Harper had sent a couple of text messages back to her grandma to warn her that she wouldn't be back for a while. Rose had replied with a few kisses, indicating that it was okay. Harper still felt bad though, even as they watched Derek leave and Stiles pulled up in front of the old, ruined house.

As the three teenagers climbed out of the jeep, Harper wondered how on earth it was stable enough for a person to live in there. It was no doubt a beautiful, large home before it had been burnt down, but now it looked like it was about to collapse any moment, half of the building was missing and the broken windows were boarded up with wooden planks.

Scott grabbed two shovels, keeping one for himself and tossing the other one to Stiles. Stiles chucked Harper the torch, telling her that it was her job to keep a look out in case Derek came back.

Harper wasn't really happy with her role in this job (or more like crime). The thought of the werewolf coming back to them digging up his property terrifed her.

The werewolf beside her sniffed the air. "Wait. Something's different."

"Different how?" She replied, shining the torch straight in front of them so that they could all see.

There wasn't much to see though. Other than the old house there was only trees and leaves surrounding it.

"I don't know." Scott hesitated. "Let's just get this over with."

He walked down to the side of the house before sticking the shovel in the ground. Stiles quickly began to help while Harper stood in her oversized jumper, shivering slightly while holding the torch.

"Keep it still." Scott warned.

Harper rolled her brown eyes. "I'm freezing."

"You're wearing a massive jumper." He retorted.

She rolled her brown eyes one more time. She could probably get a headache from the amount of times that she had rolled her eyes today. But being around Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski does that to you.

Twenty minutes later, the boys were still barely getting anywhere. They were panting, sweaty messes.

"This is taking way too long." Scott groaned, lifting up more dirt and throwing it over his shoulder.

"Just keep going." Stiles muttered, not even looking up as he continued to dig away.

"What if he comes back?"

"Then we get the hell out of here." Stiles replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"What if he catches us?"

"I have a plan for that." Stiles stopped digging to tell them. "You run one way, Harper and I run the other. Whoever he catches first, too bad."

Harper giggled a little as Scott's face screwed up. "I hate that plan."