[ forty two ] dead parents

chapter forty two dead parents

chapter forty two
dead parents

Harper finished her fourth glass of punch, throwing the empty cup into the bin beside her as she leaned against the wall, her brown eyes flicking around as she tried to find Stiles. She spotted him across the garden with a bunch of lacrosse players, on his third glass of punch.

She was about to walk over when Matt suddenly appeared in front of her. Harper frowned, and she would have taken a step back if the wall hadn't been in the way.

"Harper," he smiled, "I need to talk to you about something privately."

The brunette pursed her lips together. "I don't think that's a very good idea, do you?" She sneered, only feeling anger for the boy in front of her. "Allison told me about the pictures in your camera."

Matt frowned, "Okay, okay. So I know I took some pictures of you that I know I probably should have told you about. But is it really that bad that- that I think you're beautiful... And I think you should be the subject of a perfect photograph?"

Harper scoffed, "there's a difference from finding something beautiful and being a crazy stalker."

Matt's blue eyes shifted, growing darker. He didn't say anything for a moment, and Harper could feel her heartbeat becoming out of control as he stared at her.

"Stalking- so I'm," he paused to chuckle, "I'm a stalker now. That's- is that it? You- you think my bedroom is wallpapered with your photos. You think I'm the kind of guy that gonna say something like, "well, if I can't have her, no one can'."

Harper didn't say anything, she just glared.

"Well, you know what?" He spat. "Get over yourself, because there's another pretty girl walking through the room every five minutes."

Harper's brown eyes narrowed and her fists clenched. "Matt, if you don't get out of my way right now, then I will kill you." She threatened.

Matt seemed taken aback by her words as she shoved past him. He grabbed her shoulder, but she whirled around and reached up, grabbing a handful of his hair and tugging him down level with her as hard as she possibly could.

"You better take a step back buddy before I personally go to Sheriff Stilinski and tell him what you've been doing." She hissed.

He whimpered, his hands reaching to hers so she would released him. She just tugged him down further, causing him to collapse on the ground. She flicked some hair that had came out on her hand at him, grimacing before walking away.

Harper stopped when she reached a pillar. She leaned against it and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. She didn't know where the hell that had come from, and she didn't know whether she liked it or not. Maybe it was because of the full moon that her emotions were on edge, or perhaps because she was slightly drunk.