[ twenty seven ] new werewolves, new hunters

c h a p t e r t w e n t y s e v e nnew werewolves, new hunters

new werewolves, new hunters

Harper spotted Allison and Lydia walking towards the school and rushed to catch up with them. She hadn't seen Lydia since she put her in hospital, so she really wanted to know if she was okay. Harper's shoulder collided with somebody, but with such force that it felt like she had walked into a brick wall.

"Ouch." She mumbled, frowning.

"Hey, are you okay?" Harper looked up to see Isaac Lahey stood there, a small smirk on his face as he towered over her. "I wasn't looking where I was going. I'm sorry."

Harper had never seen Isaac smirk before- or even smile for that matter. He also looked different in a way that Harper couldn't quite describe. Everything about him just seemed improved, but in such a subtle way that nobody would notice unless they looked close enough. Isaac was just radiating confidence.

"Oh, um, it's fine." Harper gave him a soft smile. "You look... different. Did you get a hair cut?"

Isaac hesitated before shrugging and smiling. "Something like that."

Harper didn't get the chance to ask him what he meant before he had walked away. She rubbed her shoulder, muttering a few words under her breath before moving to catch up with two of her best friends.

"Hey, guys." Harper chirped, stepping in the middle of her friends to link arms with them. "How are you Lydia? Sorry I couldn't visit you while you were in hospital."

Lydia swatted the air, "it's no big deal. I can't even remember anything about while I was in the woods, or much before that."

Allison frowned deeply, "you really don't remember anything?"

"They called it a fugue state." Lydia explained. "Which is basically a way of saying 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods naked for two days'."

Harper rubbed the strawberry blonde's comfortingly as they stopped outside the main entrance, Lydia turning to beam at them.

"But personally, I don't care." She grinned. "I lost nine pounds."

Allison chuckled while Harper smiled at her friend, taking her arm off of her back to briefly pat her arm. "Are you ready?" Harper asked sweetly.

Lydia scoffed, looking at Allison. "Please, it's not like my aunt's a serial killer." She flipped her hair, opening the doors and waltzing inside.

Harper's heart fell when she saw the look on Allison's face. She grabbed Allison's hand, sending the taller girl a comforting smile. Allison returned it weakly before they went in after Lydia. As soon as they walked inside, they found their favourite strawberry blonde frozen in her spot as the entire hallway stopped to stare at her.

The shorter brunette moved up onto her toes, "maybe it's the nine pounds." She whispered in Lydia's ear.

Lydia pursed her lips together before nodding, walking as confidently as she could onwards. Allison and Harper both smiled at each other before linking arms and following a little less dramatically.