[ forty eight ] the end

forty eightthe end

forty eight
the end

Stiles parked the jeep in front of the airport, his hands shaking a little bit as tears brimmed his eyes. Nobody's eyes were dry within the jeep, and everybody was feeling extremely distraught.

He climbed out of the jeep, Harper and Scott climbing out of the backseats from behind him. Scott, being the gentleman he was, went around and opened the car door for Rose. The old woman grinned at him.

"Oh, Scott." She grabbed his hand as he helped her down since the jeep was pretty high up off of the ground, "thank you, my dear."

Scott smiled weakly, "that's okay, Rose." He wrapped an arm over her shoulder while Stiles and Harper walked around to the boot of the car.

Stiles opened it up and Harper grabbed her suitcase, huffing as she picked it up and placed it down on the ground. The boy with the buzz cut grabbed Rose's suitcase. It depressed Harper how much smaller Rose's was to hers.

It also depressed her when she remembered that this was the last time Scott and Stiles would ever see Rose, and that the next time she would be back in Beacon Hills it would be without her. She was trying to make the most of everything.

"Our planes in an hour, grandma." Harper reminded Rose, knowing how she always had to be early for everything, or she stressed, "do you have your passport ready?"

Rose nodded, "yes." She patted the large pocket in her cardigan.

"I guess this is it then." Scott sighed sadly as they stood in the entrance of the large airport.

Stiles was the first to wrap Rose in a tight hug, being careful not to hurt her. He bent down so he was her height, resting his chin on her shoulder as Rose patted his back. He remembered Rose's hugs from when he was younger. Every time he fell over, Rose would give him a hug, since she had convinced him that her hugs made everyone feel better.

It was still somewhat true. Stiles felt better in her embrace, because at least while she was in his arms she wasn't in Brighton dying. He didn't want Rose to die- she was like a mother figure to him and the kindest person he knew after Harper. He also didn't want Rose to die for Harper's sake. He didn't want Harper to be alone.

When he pulled away, they both had tears in their eyes. "You be good, okay Stiles?" She told him, patting his shoulder, "you keep my Harper safe, and don't break her heart okay? You remind her not to be upset about me, okay? Be. Her. Anchor."

Stiles was a little thrown off by Rose's last three words, but he nodded quickly anyway, "of course. Of course." He couldn't seem to get any of the words that he wanted to say out. There was a lump in his throat that he couldn't get rid of.

Then it was Scott's turn.

Scott hugged Rose tight, afraid to let her go. Everybody loved Rose, and Scott was no exception. He had liked her as soon as she gave him cookies when he was only ten years old. When she told him that it was okay to cry over his dad, when she taught him how to bake, when she covered for him in hide and seek games, when she helped him with projects at school while his mum was busy at the hospital.

He had a soft spot for Rose, so it wasn't a surprise when he started to cry into her shoulder. This was the last time he would ever see her, the last time he would ever hug her, the last time she would ever speak to him in person. Rose tutted and began to rub his back while he cried.

"You be good, Scott." She hummed gently, "you look after your mum, and Harper, and Stiles, and that Allison girl, even if you are broken up. I don't want you to cry yet, I'm not even gone. And when I am in heaven, remember that I'm with my husband and my daughter, so I'm happy, okay?"

Harper was tearing up she watched them, "I need to go to the bathroom quickly." She pecked Stiles' cheek before quickly leaving.

Rose sniffled as she pulled away from the oldest teenager. "You boys need to look after Harper. Look out for her like you did when she was younger, even if she tells you to go away. She'll be angry and sad and confused when she gets back, but please don't get fustrated with her or dissapointed when she isn't the same.

"You need to love her unconditionally, remind her you're not going anywhere, do anything it takes to reassure her. Please. I have written letters for both of you and give them to your dad and your mum. They'll give them to you when I'm gone, okay?

"I need you both to be strong. For me, for Harper, and for yourselves. Please." She watched them sadly as they struggled to keep their tears in.

They both nodded and shared a group hug. Harper came back from the bathroom and squeezed her way into the middle, just like they had done when Rose made spaghetti for them all the day after Peter attacked them at the school. The hugged for a good few minutes.

Until, eventually, it was time to go.

FINISHED 22:25PM 14/10/17

im emo

im gonna miss rose so much honestly

but,,,,,,,, when harper comes back to beacon hills guESS WHO SHE'LL BE LIVING WITH

I'm so excited for season 3 BECAUSE VOID STILES AND MALIA AND LONG HAIRED STILES AND MORE ISAAC AND ALLISON AND KIRA AND AHHHH

I'll post rose's letters to stiles and scott on here later on

keep a look out for the second book!

thank you so much to everybody reading this. thanks to the people who voted on most of my chapters, or maybe left a comment or two. I remember your usernames and it makes me smile so much when i get a notification from you. hopefully you know who you are 💕💕 and thanks to anybody who is reading this after it's all over, and I would even like to thank my ghost readers! even though you don't comment or vote, I still appreciate you taking the time to read my work. hopefully you'll all stick around for book two. im excited to see you there.