[ forty four ] bleeding out

chapter forty four bleeding out

chapter forty four
bleeding out

Matt had guided the Scott and Harper out into the reception room, the gun he had stolen from the dead police officer pressed against Scott's back as a warning. The main entrance doors opened and Melissa McCall walked inside, turning her head left as she waited for another police officer to greet her.

The Kanima master pressed his gun futher into Scott's back, causing the werewolf to reluctantly call for his mother's attention. Melissa let out a breath, chuckling as she began to walk in, her eyes not letting landing on her son.

"You scared me," she scoffed, "where is every-"

Harper took note of the shift in Melissa's eyes when she looked up and saw the gun that was being pointed at Scott and Harper. The Hispanic woman froze, her lips parted in shock as her brown eyes clouded over with panic.

There was a heavy silence before Scott finally spoke.

"Mum, just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." Scott explained to his mum as calmly as he could, but Harper knew him well enough to know that he was freaking out inside.

She felt like she was going to throw up any moment as Melissa didn't say anything, too shocked and scared to move or speak. Matt tutted from behind the two teenagers, causing them to shift their bodies to look at him.

"He's right." Matt lowered the gun towards Scott's stomach and pulled the trigger.

A loud bang echoed throughout the room, followed by the sound of Melissa screaming. Harper let out a cry as Scott fell down, holding where his shirt was soaked with crimson blood, letting out a loud grunt. Harper felt the blood trickling from her own torso before she felt it.

The pain was so agonising that it stopped her from making a sound. The Empath hesitantly looked down, feeling light headed when she saw the blood that stained her dress. Sweat formed on her forehead as she weakly leaned against the wall, slowly falling down on it beside Scott.

Scott quickly looked up from his wound, his eyebrows furrowing futher when he saw the state that Harper was in. He didn't have time to help her before another wave of pain hit him and he flung his head back, gritting his teeth. Of course Harper could feel everything that he was feeling, and she let out a cry of pain, tears streaming down her face.

"Scott! Stiles! Harper!" She faintly heard Noah Stilinski yell, but it was like a blur to her. "What happened?"

"But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you." Matt smirked down at Scott before raising his eyebrow at Harper, "what are you, then? Some sort of Empath?"

Melissa mumbled something under her breath as she moved forwards to help the two teenagers, only for Matt to point the gun at Harper furiously.

"Back, back!" He yelled, shaking. "I will shoot her!"