[ prologue! ]

the whole point of fanfiction is that you get to play inside somebody else's universe

the whole point of fanfiction is that you get to play inside somebody else's universe. rewrite the rules. or bend them. the story doesn't have to end. you can stay in this world, this world you love, as long as you want, as long as you keep thinking of new stories.
— rainbow rowell

( prologue ! )

The alpha stood over Harper, its teeth bared as it growled, drawl dripping from its pointed fangs, over her trembling body. Its claws sunk into the ground beside her, and its nose visibly moved as it sniffed the air, as it sniffed her. Harper's heart was pounding out of her chest and she was sure if this thing was a more evolved version of Scott and Derek, it could hear it.

Harper bet it could even smell the sweat covering her palms, and hear her blood rushing around inside her body. She bet she reeked of anxiety. Harper bet it was feeding off of it. The Verum girl could tell it enjoyed the sense of power it got from having her pinned underneath it, so weak and so vulnerable. Like a dog with a new chew toy.

The teenage girl didn't want to be a chew toy. But with nobody to tell the big bad alpha off, there was nothing stopping it from biting her or scratching her or killing her. The tension was so thick as her chest heaved up and down, trying to control her heavy breathing. She almost wanted it to get it over and done with. She couldn't bare it anymore.

"Harper," it, or more like he, whispered against her ear, his head moving next to Harper's ear so she could feel his hot breath down her neck, causing Harper to push herself further into the ground beneath her.

Sharp pains from the rough floor scratching her back underneath her caused her to wince, but it was nothing like the pain the poor girl felt next. Harper had no time to comprehend that the alpha knew her name before the worst pain she had ever felt in her entire life came to her shoulder where her shirt had risen.

A scream erupted from the back of her throat, Harper's back arching up as the alpha sunk his teeth into her skin, hard enough for blood to start to pour. He growled slightly, his ears suddenly perking up, obviously hearing something, before darting off down the hallway.

disclaimer.

I DO NOT OWN TEEN WOLF- CREDIT GOES TO JEFF DAVIS AND MTV. I DO, HOWEVER, OWN HARPER VERUM, MY OTHER OC'S AND THEIR PLOT LINES.

—alishas