[ thirty ] not gay

c h a p t e r t h i r t y not gay

not gay

Harper sat beside her boyfriend on the bleachers, Lydia the other side of her as the three of them tied the laces to their skates. The brunette was already regretting saying yes to ice skating, practically feeling the bone she had broken before throbbing, as if a warning to make sure she didn't step foot on the ice.

"You're shaking." Stiles noted as he glanced over at his girlfriend while she tied her last shoe.

She looked up a him, forcing a smile. "Yeah, I don't know if it's because I'm anxious or if it's because it's freezing in here."

Stiles' face lit up as if he had an idea and he turned to his backpack, pulling out an orange jumper and practically shoving it in her face. Harper craned her neck backwards to get a good look at it before taking it from his hands.

Lydia raised an eyebrow, "Harps... you're wearing blue. Orange and blue, not a good combination." She scrunched her nose up, as if appauled by the thought.

The hazel eyed boy looked at her in disbelief. "But it's the colours of the mets." He protested, causing Harper to smile slightly.

Stiles loved the baseball team so much- he was actually offended when Harper didn't know who they were when she moved over. He made her watch every game with her when they were younger, and even nowadays she would watch it with him occasionally.

Harper shrugged on the jumper anyways. "Oh well, it hides my blue top." Harper told Lydia. "Now I'm only wearing black and orange."

Lydia sighed dramatically, "still not that better."

...

"Stiles!" Harper gulped as she stepped foot on the ice, falling straight into him.

Stiles caught her by the waist, pulling her back up as she slipped, holding her tightly. She stared at him with wide eyes as he helped her regain her balance until she was up straight. He chuckled, slowly moving his hands from her waist to her hands, holding both of them tightly.

They glanced over at Lydia who was gliding along the ice like a pro, doing all sorts of spins and jumps, an easy grin on her face. Harper sighed, turning back to her boyfriend with a dissapointed look on her face.

"I'm gonna die." Harper muttered, her palms starting to grow sweaty as Stiles lead her backwards further. "I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna-"

"You're not gonna die, okay?" Stiles gripped her tighter when she almost slipped. "I've got you, all right? I won't let you fall."

Harper took a deep breath, nodding as she looked across at Scott who had already managed to fall onto his butt. She couldn't even bring herself to laugh, knowing that that would be her in a few minutes.

Stiles took the lead, guiding her around the edges of the ice rink with both hands, slowly letting go until he was only holding one of her hands. She held his hand as tight as she could without hurting him, her lips pursed and her eyes wide as she concentrated with everything she had inside her.