[ four ] new plan

c h a p t e r   f o u r new plan

c h a p t e r f o u r
new plan

"Here you go, grandma. I booked an appointment with your doctor for tomorrow morning at eight." Harper told her softly as she handed her her dinner, just some buiscits and tea. Her grandma was feeling too sick to eat properly.

Her grandma sighed. "You didn't have to do that, sweetie. I'll be fine, it's just a cold." She explained.

Harper shook my head, "I'd never forgive myself if something else was wrong, grandma. I need you. Besides, it's always better to be on the safe side. They can give you something for that nasty cough of yours."

As if on cue, Rose began to cough loudly, her entire body moving. She lifted the tissues to her mouth, her eyes watering and her hand shaking slightly. Frowning, she handed her the tissue box sat on the coffee table next to her, in case she needed more.

"I love you, sweetpea." She told her croakily, sending Harper a weak smile.

Just as Harper was about to repeat the words, there was a rapid knocking at the door, causing her to sigh.

"I'll be back in a second, grandma." She kissed her forehead sweetly before moving to answer the front door.

When she opened it, the brunette wasn't surprised to see Stiles stood there, his legs bouncing and his hand running through his buzz cut. His face lit up when he saw Harper and he began rambling things she couldn't make out.

Harper laughed slightly. "What do you need, Stiles?"

He shut up before opening his mouth again, this time his words came out more clearly. "Scott said he needs to talk to us. He said he found something. Something big. And it can help out my dad. You need to come!"

Harper frowned. "I can't my grandma's sick."

"You go, honey." She called from the living room. "I'll be fine. I've got my buiscits, my tea and the TV to keep me distracted. If I need you I will call you."

Stiles gave her a look as if to say 'listen to your grandma'.

After half a minute of hesitating, Harper finally gave in. "I love you, grandma." She called out to her.

Rose replied with the same words and Harper quickly pulled on her clean Adidas shoes before rushing out the door and towards Stiles' blue jeep. He was in such a hurry that he had left his door swung open, the keys inside, and the engine still running.

"How much-"

"A lot," he shook his head. "A lot of Adderall."

Harper giggled, strapping into her seatbelt before Stiles began to speed down the road. He was going over the speed limit, but he didn't seem to care. Everytime Stiles got done for speeding, his dad helped him out. The perks of being the Sheriff's son.