[twenty four] i love you

c h a p t e r    t w e n t y f o u r i love you

i love you

Harper came to when she heard the sound of a scoff and then silence. Well, silence other than the noise of a car driving and the squeaking of metal. She automatically knew that she was laying across the backseats of the jeep. Stiles' jeep.

The girl groaned, feeling an intense pain in her head. It was as if her entire body was on fire and a nail was being forced into the back of her skull. Harper wanted to throw up from the sensation, her stomach was aching and her throat felt sore.

The car jolted from beneath her. "Harper?" A frantic voice came. Stiles' frantic voice.

"Don't stop driving." A forceful voice came.

Harper knew it was Peter's, and his voice only seemed to add to the pain in her head. Her brown eyes flickered open and she tried to remember what had happened. The last thing she remembers is dancing with Stiles.

Her head rested on his chest, one of his hands tangled in her perfectly curled hair as she swayed to the beat of the overplayed music with him. She had never felt so comfortable and safe in somebodies arms, and yet it was all over within minutes.

"Sti," Harper muttered, forcing herself to sit up slightly.

Her petite frame leaned against the side of the car, beads of sweat stuck to her forehead as she panted slightly, feeling so sick. It felt like she was going to pass out again, the pain so intense that she had to shut her eyes again for a second.

"Harper are you okay?!"

Harper didn't reply because it felt like she couldn't. In fact, she couldn't. Her lips literally felt like they had been sewn together, forbidding her from uttering a single word or making another noise. She panicked, shooting up in her seat, only for Peter to send her a smirk through the mirror.

"What-" Stiles looked over at Peter briefly before looking back at the road. "Stop that! What are you doing to her?"

Peter just sat back, that annoyingly calm smirk printed on his face. "I have control over the Empath."

Stiles' face scrunched up in anger and confusion. "What does that even mean!?"

Harper wanted to know too, but of course she couldn't ask, since apparently Peter wasn't letting her talk. She tried to remain as calm as possible, but it was hard knowing a pyschotic killer-alpha was controlling her.

Peter chuckled. "You guys clearly didn't do all of your research."

Harper shot him a look that basically meant 'piss off'.

"Someone with enough power can control an Empath. It takes a special connection to do so. I bit Harper, so we automatically have one." Peter explained extremely monotone. "I can give her commands, manipulate her emotions, you guys Google the rest."