[ twenty nine ] erica freaking reyes

c h a p t e r t w e n t y n i n e erica freaking reyes

erica freaking reyes

Harper grinned as she undid her harness, letting it dangle for the next person to climb the wall. Somehow, the unathletic teen had managed to climb the wall and come back down again before her partner had even started to come back down. Coach Finstock gave her a thumbs up and she jogged back towards her group of friends.

"Well done, Harps." Stiles congratulated her, pressing a kiss to her temple and wrapping an arm around her waist, holding her close to him.

The brunette smiled, "thanks."

Stiles squeezed her gently. "I told you that you were worried for nothing." He reminded her, causing her to roll her eyes.

"McCall! Argent!" Coach suddenly yelled, pointing to their group. "Up on the wall!"

Scott and Allison both grinned at each other before moving over to the wall that Harper had just climbed. Stiles and Harper watched as they slowly began to climb the wall, talking to each other while doing so.

Allison started to speed up, only for Scott to speed up too. She stared at him for a second before a sly grin crossed her face and she leaned towards him, kicking his ankle. Scott fell from the wall, his harness saving him last second as everybody laughed at him, including Stiles and Harper.

Scott breathed heavily, holding a hand to his rapidly beating heart to try and calm himself down.

Coach Finstock laughed, bending down to his level. "McCall," he chuckled. "I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy. Right?"

Allison grinned as she came down from the wall, unbuckling her harness. Coach stood up, yelling, "all right, next two. Stilinski, Erica, let's go."

Stiles smiled excitedly, squeezing Harper's arm before taking off towards the wall. Erica, however, didn't look too pleased to be climbing. She looked as anxious as Harper had felt before going up.

"Good luck, Erica." Harper reached forward to pat her shoulder reassuringly. "You'll do fine."

Erica pursed her lips together and forced a nod, almost shaking for nerves. Harper knew exactly how she felt, and wished that she could take away some of her anxiousness. She remembered reading something online about Empaths- that they could manipulate emotions.

Maybe she could help Erica out a little?

Before letting go of Erica's shoulder, she gave it a small squeeze and imagined pushing calmness into her friend. The frizzy haired blonde stared at Harper in amazement, "did your eyes just turn purp—"

"Erica! On the wall!" Coach Finstock yelled, cutting her off (thankfully).

Erica sighed and nodded, heading over. Harper noticed that she had stopped shaking, which she assumed was from her manipulating her emotions. The brunette wondered that if she had been able to hold on for longer that her anxiousness would just go away completely.