[ twenty eight ] operation save isaac

c h a p t e r t w e n t y e i g h t operation save isaac

operation save isaac

"Scott McCall." Gerard read a file from behind his desk. "Academically not the most accomplished, but I see that you have become quite the star athlete."

Scott squirmed uncomfortably in the seat from beside Harper, hating the way that Gerard was looking at him. He had informed Harper and Stiles of Gerard's status- the newest werewolf hunter in Beacon Hills. And apparently, he was even more crazy than Kate Argent.

Harper wondered how that was possible until Scott had told her what he had saw him do.

The werewolf had seen Gerard slice another omega werewolf right in half, claiming that every werewolf in Beacon Hills was going to die. This was his revenge for Peter killing his daughter.

A bit extra, if you were to ask Harper.

"Harper Verum." He spoke, pronouncing her last name wrong."Verum." He repeated and Harper's heart began to beat quicker.

All three were thinking the same thing- if this man knew about the supernatural and was well informed, then he must know about Empaths. Her last name was a dead giveaway to any hunter that hated all species of the supernatural. Harper prayed that if he knew, he only hated werewolves.

"It's Latin." Harper cleared her throat. "And pronounced Verum like 'Serum' not 'Vir-room." She gave him a sweet, yet utterly fake, smile.

Gerard nodded, "Ah." He read it over. "Very nice. What does it mean?"

Harper's eyebrows raised, "huh?"

"Your surname, Ms Verum." He chuckled deeply, "you said it was Latin."

"Oh, yeah." Harper panicked, "I don't know, sorry." 

Gerard just hummed.

"Ms Verum, you have outstanding grades, apart from Chemistry and Math where you average a B. And I see here that you have done some art for the school. Where, may I ask?"

Harper pursed her lips together, forcing a nod. "It's around. Some in the library, some in the halls..."

Harper had been quite the artist before the whole supernatural disaster had started. It had been a while since she had just sat down and painted or drew for fun.

The hunter moved onto Stiles, "Mr Stilinski. Oh, perfect grades but little to no extracurriculars." He put down the file. "Maybe you should try lacrosse." He suggested.

"Oh, actually I'm already-"

Gerard lifted a finger, cutting him off. "Hold on." He turned to Scott. "McCall. You're the Scott that was dating my granddaughter."

Harper was annoyed that he had cut off Stiles from talking to talk about Scott- it seems like that was all anybody ever did nowadays. Harper reached under the desk to hold her boyfriend's hand, stroking his hand with her thumb gently.