[ thirty four ] larper protection programme

c h a p t e r t h i r t y f o u r larper protection programme

larper protection programme

"Harper Verum..."

Harper turned around at the sound of her name, but she instantly regretted it when she saw Erica and Isaac stood there, all geared up in their leather jackets and cheesy smirks. The brunette took a step back, wary of how close they were to her. Unfortunately, her back pressed against the brick wall behind her.

"Why are you out here all by yourself?" Isaac questioned, his tone amused. "Shouldn't you be with that boyfriend of yours? What's his name? Miles?"

She rolled her eyes, "you know his name. Why are you both being such... so douchey to me? I was both of your friends before you took the bite from Derek. I don't understand."

Scott had stayed close friends with her after he had been bitten, but her other friends had turned into complete power-thirsty assholes. They didn't even care either, they just smirked.

"Because we have a job, Harper." Erica edged closer towards her. "And when our alpha gives us a job, we complete it."

Her heartbeat sped up at Erica's words. If Lydia had passed the Kanima test, then why did they still want to test her? She gulped, her brown eyes wide as she looked between her former friends.

"I'd love to help you with your job, but I actually have somewhere to be." She gave a sheepish smile, about to move out of their way when Erica grabbed her by the throat, forcing her against the wall.

Harper winced when her head hit the bricks, Erica's rings digging into her soft skin.

"That's a really good grip you got there..." She wheezed. "Would- would you mind letting me go?" Her voice broke the longer she was being held.

Isaac clenched his jaw from behind Erica. "Put her down." He demanded. "She's not going anywhere, Erica. So put her down."

Erica growled slightly, her hazel eyes flashing a golden colour as she dropped Harper. The Empath sighed in relief, her hand going to massage her neck as she glared at Erica. The werewolf glared back.

"Derek wants Lydia not me, so leave me alone." Harper tighened her grip on the straps of her backpack, holding it closer to her.

Erica smirked, "the last time I checked, you can't pass a test by not completing it."

She lifted her fist up, quickly moving it to slam it into Harper's face. The brunette dropped to the floor quickly, eyes wide as she frantically scrambled away on her hands and knees. She heard Erica cry out as her fist slammed into the wall and Isaac growl at her.

Harper managed to get up onto her feet and she dashed across the car park to where she saw the familiar blue jeep. She had never been so thankful to see Stiles, Allison, Lydia, and Jackson inside it. She opened up the passenger door, slamming it shut as she buckled up quickly.