dear scott

dear scott,

sorry that my handwriting is so shaky and that im not very good at writing letters. you'd think that because i'm so old that i would be good at them, but i'm not. it's okay though, because you're a sweet boy, and i know that you'll understand.

if you are reading this then your mother has probably been told that i am gone. i had to go at some point, so please don't be too upset. and i want you to know that i went out in the best way possible- in the town that i grew up in, hopefully with the sun shining, and next to my granddaughter.

i want to thank you for being one of harper's best friends. it was always a pleasure whenever you came over, as you've always been the kindest child that i've ever met. even now, as a teenager, you continue to be a great person and treat everyone the best you can. don't tell stiles, but you've always been my favourite of harper's friends.

my fondest memory of you was when you were all only eleven years old. you had been playing hide and seek all day, and you were losing, so you got in a strop with harper and stiles and didn't want to play anymore. instead, you helped me bake cookies while they played upstairs together.

i remember you asking questions, and you told me that i was like a grandma to you. that made me so happy, scott. anyway, you ended up spilling all of the mix on the floor and crying because you felt so bad, and from that moment on i knew that you were special.

i really hope you remember that day, too.

harper told me about her friend allison, who also happens to be your girlfriend- or ex- i'm confused about the whole thing to be honest, but that's okay because i'm old and done with romance. but i hope that everything works out between the two of you.

i met oliver, my late husband, in high school, and we ended up together until the day he died. even to this day he is in my heart. maybe you are like the the twenty first century version of us, who knows? or maybe it's harper and stiles- i have high hopes for those two.

please look after yourself and follow your heart. you are destined to do great things, scott mccall, i can feel it. when i looked into your eyes when you were just a child i knew it, too. don't dissapoint me, or i will haunt you forever.

that was a joke by the way. i don't know how to convey them properly through letters, or if it was a bit morbid since you're probably reading this the day i died. oops.

look after harper too. she thinks the world of you, scott, you're her best friend. please just remind her that i love her and make sure that she is okay. i know that she will be living with you when she comes back to beacon hills, so hopefully it will be exciting!

anyway, i love you, scott. you are like the grandson that i never had.

lots of love from,

rose verum.

p.s. stop bunking off of school!

...

in honour of this book reaching 50k, here is rose's promised letter to scott.

stiles will be next.