[ thirty one ] six foot lizard man

c h a p t e r t h i r t y o n e six foot lizard man

six foot lizard man

"Hey, hey!" Stiles yelled as he approached the mechanic working on his jeep.

After Erica had taken parts out that definitely shouldn't be out, Stiles had no choice but to go and get it looked at professionally. This was nothing some duct tape and hope could fix.

Harper followed behind him, watching as the mechanic drilled something into the bottom of Stiles' car. He had offered to ask his dad to drop her off home, but Harper had wanted to stay with Stiles for as long as she could. She didn't really feel like being alone, especially after what Scott and Allison had saw the other night.

Apparently, while Harper, Stiles, and Derek were breaking Isaac out of his cell, Allison and Scott had come face to face with a human-sized reptile with razor sharp teeth and claws longer than werewolf ones. The thought of yet another supernatural creature being introduced to Beacon Hills scared the life out of Harper.

"Wha-what do you think you're doing?" The Stilinski boy snapped. "All I needed was a starter."

Harper didn't see a problem with whatever the mechanic was doing, but then again, she didn't have a clue about cars- she didn't even have her own driving licence.

The mechanic replied without even looking at them, "yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced too."

Stiles didn't look pleased. "Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?"

"Probably gonna run you around, like, twelve hundred parts and labour."

Stiles' face contorted into a look of disbelief. "Are you kidding me?" He cried. "This thing doesn't even have a catalyctic converter. And, yes, I know what a catalyctic converter is."

The mechanic finally stopped drilling to turn around and face them. "You know what a limited slip differential is?"

Stiles stuttered before admitting, "no."

Smug, the mechanic turned back around and continued drilling. "Yeah, could run you more like fifteen hundred."

Stiles sighed loudly, "okay, just finish. I'll be back here-" he then added quieter for only Harper to hear, "seething with impotent rage."

Harper giggled as she walked along side him, reaching the door that lead out of the workshop and into the waiting rooms. Stiles clasped the door handle, pulling his hand back when a wierd substance came off of it.

The empath almost gagged, "ew, what is that?"

Stiles just cringed, "nice." He muttered sarcastically. "Real sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here." He yelled back for the mechanic to hear.

He opened the door, closing it behind Harper and then wiping the strange substance onto his marroon jacket. Harper sat down on the seats situtated next to the door, leaning her head back to rest. Stiles, however, remained stood up as he pulled out his phone, muttering something under his breath.