[ thirty two ] kanima

c h a p t e r t h i r t y t w okanima

kanima

Harper and Stiles both winced as a lacrosse player from the opposite team ran straight into number nine, sending him flying through the air only to land on the hard ground with a thump.

Gasps were heard all around the bleachers and Coach threw his hands up in the air, "come on!" He yelled. "Is that thing even a teenager? I wanna see a birth certificate?"

He pointed towards the guy from the opposite team, who in all fairness, did look like he was in his late twenties. His build was so much bigger than the other players- nobody else even stood a chance up against him.

Coach sat back down next to Harper and Stiles. "Who or what is that genetic experiment gone wrong?" Coach Finstock muttered, not even bothering to tell Harper to go back up to the stands.

She had been to every single lacrosse game and pratice since freshman year, so Coach had said that it was only fitting that she was allowed to sit down on the bench with the team. He had a small soft spot for Harper, since it was basically impossible to hate her.

"Eddie Obomowitz, Coach." Stiles replied, rubbing his arms through his Adidas tracksuit as they sat in the cold. "They call him 'The Abomination'."

Coach rolled his eyes, "oh, that's cute." He muttered, turning away from them.

Harper glanced over at her boyfriend and away from the field, taking a few moments to admire him. She loved what he was wearing- while she thought loads of people looked douchey wearing Adidas tracksuits, she had decided that her boyfriend was a definite exception. In fact, this was probably one of her favourite looks on him.

Stiles noticed her staring and turned to face her, blushing slightly. "What?" He asked quietly.

Harper grinned, "I'm just so lucky to have you, Stilinski."

Stiles laughed happily, taking her hands and squeezing them gently, being careful of her broken finger.

"Likewise," he replied, wrapping an arm around her shoulder to try and warm the both of them up. He turned his head, noticing Allison waving at them. "C'mon."

Harper stood up, walking towards where Allison was sat at the end of the bleachers. As they walked past, Harper reached up and casually took the keys that Allison was holding out for her. They began to run to through the car park and towards Gerard's office.

The empath stopped when she felt an overwhelming sadness hit her, causing Stiles to stop too. He turned around, running a hand through his buzz cut as he stared at her in confusion.

"Harper, we have to go-"

"Lydia's upset," Harper tossed him the keys. "You go on, I'm gonna see what's wrong."

Harper turned to walk towards a parked car and Stiles grumbled something under his breath before following her. No way was he leaving her alone with that thing on the loose.