Too Much - Newt x Reader

This one shot is about Newt from The Maze Runner which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy it!

-And most important rule

-And most important rule ....-  It was at least the tenth time that Alby repeated you the Galde's rules.

-You must never leave the Glade and go inside the Maze- I ended his phrase.

-If you know it then why did you try to get out?- Asked Gally suspicious as always.

-You two know that, I run enough fast to be a Runner- I said getting up I was about to get out the room but Gally stopped me -What are you even doing here Gally? You aren't the Leader, it's Alby, who is here. You aren't the keeper of the Runner, it's Minho, but he's out. And you aren't the second in command. It's Newt but .... - I turned to Alby -Where is Newt?- He didn't answer me.

-(y/n) for once have you really understood that you must not go to the Glade?-

-Yeah yeah- I said going out.

Why didn't he answer? Is Newt okay? I have to look for him. By the way this evening I'll talk to Minho about becoming a Runner, I think that I've almost conviced him.

-What the bloody hell did you think you were doing getting out of the Glade?- I heard Newt's voice as soon as I got out.

-Newt, there you were! You scared me, are you okay?- I asked me.

-Yes I am, but don't avoid my question. Why did you try to get out?- He asked me again.

-You know than I run...-  He didn't let me finish.

-To be a Runner is not just about running fast, you must have a good memory, and if you keep forget the rules then you don't have it-

-I don't forget them- I tried to explain but he ignored me.

-And out there is full of risks. You've never seen a Griever before so you can't imagine how life really is out of the Glade- He said making me confused.

-What? Did you see a Griever before? They managed to get insiede once?- I asked him, every second more confused.

-Bloody Hell....- He whispered while walking away from me, he seemed worried.

-Newt, are you okay?- I asked reaching him.

-Okay, (y/n)- He turned to me -Now you have to listen, please for once, listen and umderstand. You don't really know the situation we are in, it's more disparate than what you might think. So don't ever even try to get out of there. Here you're safe-

-What are you saying?- Since I arrived in Glade I've never seen him thia serious -I know I could fight there, at least let me try...-

-NO!- He screamed scaring, I stepped back -Sorry (y/n)...- He calmed down and took me by the shoulders -Just promise me that you won't ever get out unless the Runners find a way out. There is too much, I couldn't afford that so I've done something really stupid and I'm lucky to be alive now. I can't let you face that hell-

-Newt, what are you talking about? What have you done?- He let me go.

-I'm sorry, I haven't tell you anything. I used to be a Runner. But that life was too much for me, we didn't found a way out and we couldn't remember anything about our past. One day I got on one of the Maze's bloody walls and jumped down- I just stood there staring ar him, his eyes were red -And that's way my foot is ...- I hugged him not letting him finish. He could hold the tears but I couldn't.

-Newt ...- I couldn't controll the sobs.

-Why are you the one crying?- He asked smiling sweetly.

-I didn't know about this. Why didn't you tell me, idiot! You're the most important one here to me. My one and onlu best friend- And loved one.

-Sorry (y/n). But now please promise me-

-I promise you. But you have to promise me that you won't try to commit suicide again. I couldn't live there wothou you-

-Promise-