Never Say Never - Cedric Diggory x Reader

This one shot is about Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter, which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this!

-Wha what are you doing?- His voice wokr me up.

-I was sleeping- I replied with a smile turning to the other side.

-Do you realize that you have been sleeping outside? On the grass? In front of the black lake?- He asked me like my answer was supposed to be "no".

-Of course I do! I wanted to help you with the second test, cause it will be for sure something about the lake, right? I thought that staring at it I would have an idea or discovered something.... But I fell asleep... I'm sorry Ced- I turned once again to see him after saying the last phrase -But i wanted to help you.. That's what a girlfriend do, right?-

-Aww thank you- He said sitting beside me on the grass and then letting me lay my head on his lap -But there's no need for you to do this, even if you're my girlfriend. This way you'll get sick and I don't want to-

-And I don't want you to die- I said seriously.

-I won't. Not now that you're by my side, I can't leave someone like you. I'll never do that- He replied, serious as well.

-Never?- I asked him, like if I thought he was joking.

-Never- His answer made me feel better and after a while I fell aspleep again. And I dreamed about when things started getting better.

It was the best part of my life, I had never been so happy before. At the beginning of the year I didn't even have a crush dor Cedric. He was the popular guy so, like everyone else, I knew one (he was also the seeker of Hufflepuff after all), but I didn't thought he knew about my existence. But then one day he got near to me during lunch, just for a talk. And... Well.... I had no friends back then, I wasn't sure what to do, what he wanted or something.

But he cared for me like none else did before. I thought it was the Hufflepuff nature, but it was something more. We started spending whole days together. Once I found myself saying "Why did you put your name in the golbet?" it was more a whisper but he heard it and this made me understand what I was feeling. The day after he asked me for the yule ball, alongside with a love confession.

I gladly accepted both.

None expected us to end up together, some girls were jealous and they glaring at me the whole night was a bit creepy. He told me to ignore them, and I did, and I felt better.

The kiss was magical, even if we were dating and we went to the yule ball together somehow I wasn't expecting that kiss. My first kiss.

The days passed by the second the got nearer. He got more nervous, and I gor more worried. We didn't understand that thing at all and the day of the test we were simply walking beside the lake. "It will go how it will go" He had saiddor the past week, it didn't made me feel really better, those were really dangerous tests. He could have died.

-Miss (l/n)- Suddenly I heard someone calling me, it was professor McGonnal alongside with Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger and one of the french girls -Could you please come with me?- She asked me. I quickly turned to Cedric and then back at McGonnal.

-Uhm, yeah?- She didn't wait to for anything else and walked away with the others, I followed waving at Cedric who looked a bit worried -Do you know what's going on?- I askes to Hermione, we were kind of friends.

-No. Me and Ron were helping Harry understanding the second test and then...- She didn't finish and since that moment I, and the others three fell aspleep.