Hero - Neville Longbottom x Reader

This one shot is about Neville Longbottom from Harry Potter which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this.

What was going on? I didn't even know... The only thing I knew was that we had to protect Harry. He was the only one who could defeat Voldemort. Of course we could try to beat him up but he wouldn't die. The only one who could kill him was Harry.

We had to win this war, so it would finally be over. We wanted to have a normal life so bad, a good future. But it wasn't that easy to keep calm. We could have died by any moment.

-Are you scared?- He asked me.

-Me? Scared?? No way!- I said with all the courage I could claim in myself. It also sounded so fake -We have to get out of there alive, while Voldemort must die-

He shivered a bit because I said that name -(y/n), do you mean that you would die for Harry?- I blushed a bit, I really couldn't understand how he could say something likr that.

-That's not it, Neville- I said a bit frustrated- We all suffered because of Voldemort, he must die for everyone's sake, not just Harry's. He's simply the only one who can actually kill him being the choosen one- I tried to keep calm in front of that crazy situation. We could have not live enough to see the next day. This battle between Good and Bad was about to be over. And the one I liked was asking me if I would be able to die for someone else.

-Do you mean that we're all useless to this fight?- He asked me again, he was kind of driving me crazy somehow.

-Of course not! We can help Harry, do you remember about the horcruxs? We must destroy them!- I said grabbing my wand ready to fight -And if this can help you to feel better, I would rather die for you than for Harry- There I did it, I said it. Aftet all, who cares? I was too worried about thousand of others things, I just blushed a bit. And.... Probably I would have really died for him, and I didn't want to die with the regret of haven't told him my true feelings.

Even if I hadn't told him directly it I was sure he understood, well almost sure.

We heard a loud crash and we knew that the battle had begun. We fought as best as we could but things were getting worste. Our friends were falling against the enemy, fighting bravely.

And then suddenly Voldemort's voice could be heard by every student and professor, every wizard and witch in Hogwarts. He was giving us an hour to cry our dead friends, he wanted Harry to face him.

I was fighting against a death eater near the Gryffindor Conmon Room, then he suddenly disappeared like Voldemort had ordered. I stood there for a while trying to realize what had just happened.

But then one single thing was in my mind, Neville's safety. I run as fast as I could towards the Great Hall and when I reached it my blood froze and I felt paralized. There were a people crying, dead bodies on the ground....
I almost fall on my knees when I saw the entire Weasly family crying around Fred. But I couldn't help but focus just on looking for Neville, none else.

I didn't see himb I just felt a pair of arms hugging me from behind, it scared me but I recognized his voice, it was Neville.

-Neville you're alive! Thanks Merlin!- I said hugging him -You aren't hurt now are you?-

-I'm alright, but a lot of our friends died- He said looking at the ground.

-I know....- I said thinking again at those I saw lying on the ground -We have to make it for them, if we lose their death would be worthless-

We heard footsteps coming from outside, a lot of footsteps. All of us ran to see what was going on. And there he was, Voldemort with all his death eaters, and then there was Hagrid and he had.... Harry in his arms?

-Harry Potter is dead!- Voldemort screamed, Ginny tried to ran but his father blocked her. We were shocked, we lost ... But... We still had to survive... Funny how I've been saying the whole day that without Harry we wouldn't be able to defeat Voldemort and then I changed my mind, suddenly I thought that we had to win this thing, with or without Harry.

While I was having just this thoughts on my mind at first I didnct notice that Neville was walking towards Voldemort.

-It doesn't matter that Harry is dead... He'a still with us, and so are Tonks, Lupin, Fred.... They're with us and their death won't be vane- Everyone, Hogwarts students and death eater were listening to him -But yours will be, because you're wrong!-And as he screamed that I grabbed Gryffindor Sword from the Sorting Hat.

We will fight

Once again we were all able to fight agian, even more self confident than before. I didn't even have the time to realize that Harry wasn't really dead, he was just pretending.

The fight of course was long and we lost other friends but in the end Harry killed Voldemort.

None could bring our dead friends back and the sound of this made me sad.

-Didn't you hear me?- Neville said sitting near to me in the destroyed Great Hall -They will always be with us, the never really left...-

-Of course I heard it- I said whiping away my tears -Proud of your speechb Longbottom?- I asked smiling, he blushed a bit -By the way, you didn't hear me as wellb did you?- He looked confused, so I sighed and started explaining -When I said I was ready to die for you... You remember that?-

-Of course I do! I'm happy to be such an important friend to you- He said with a bit of sadness in his voice.

- Like I expected.... You didn't really get it.... Let's say that I would die only for the person I really really love. Is it clear now that I love you.....?- I was a bit afraid even if Ginny even told me that Neville told her that he liked me.

I expected words, not a pair of lips on my own ones. I wad surprised but I kissed him back.

-Does this mean that we're... Something?- He asked, I just nodded as if it was the most obvious thing in world.

Yes, I really have been saying that only Harry could defeat Voldemort too much. Without Neville probably we wouldn't have won. He was the hero of Hogwarts.