Three Years - Shinichi Kudo x Reader

This one shot is about Shinichi Kudo from Detective Conan (also known as Mentantei Conan or Cas Closed, but this character appears also in Magic Kaito 1412) which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this.

-I've just left, I can't wait to see you! It's been so long since we last saw each other!- I said while walking out of my house with my rucksack on my back. It was a winter night, so cold...

-Me too, I'm sure you will get along with Conan- My friend told me on the other side of the phone.

-Yup, I can't wait to see this kid you're always talking about.... I have to go now, see you soon, Ran- I said before closing the call.

I hadn't been in Tokyo for three years, and that's because I lived in Sapporo in Hokkaido Island. I usually kept sending and reciving text from my friends at Tokyo, Ran..... Shinichi......

I couldn't wait to see Shinichi again, it's been really too much since I last saw him. Of course I called him for his birthday and he did the same with me, but it just isn't the same. What? If I was in love with Shinichi? ..... Yes, I was.

I knew that I wasn't the one for him, I knew he loved Ran, and that she loved her back.  They confessed their love for each other, and they both asked me if I could help them.

Quite perfect, wasn't it?

It started to snow, at least one positive thing about this situation, I used this to distract me. After all I was going to see them again, bloodu hell! They were my best friends, there was none so kind to me in Sapporo.

I would have travelled during the night with the boat and then with the train and I would have arrived at Tokyo in the morning.

Meanwhile in Tokyo..... Shinichi P.O.V.

-Ai I need them!- Conan said to the girl sitting on the couch with the laptop on her knees.

-Didn't you say that you would have used them just because of Ran? What would she think if you appeared tomorrow just for this friend of yours while you are "avoiding" Ran almost always?- She answered not taking her eyes off the screen.

-I did, but (y/n).... She doesn't know that Shinichi doesn't live in Tokyo anymore, I said nothing to her about this, she still bevlieving that nothing reallu changed in three years- The boy was desperate and he was staring at the girl hoping that this would have been useful to convince her to give the medicine.

-But Ai is right, Shinichi. It would be dangerous too. Someone from the black organization could see you. You should use the medicine just when you really need it- Doctor Agasa tried to convince him to give up on that.

-I can't do this to (y/n).... I can't just send her a text telling her that I won't be there because I got a case-

-Isn't this what you do with Ran?- Ai asked, now looking at the boy.

-Understood... I'm gonna go home, good night- He said as he walked out of the house, when he arrived he didn't tell Ran or Kogoro a single word.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I woke up in time to see the the sun rise, and when I arrived in Tokyo it was already 10 a.m. When I walked down the train I noticed Ran running towards me.

-(y/n)!!!- She said hugginf me.

-Ran I missed you so much!- I said hugging her back. We walked out the train station together -So how is life going? Any progress with Shinichi?- I smirked, like it didn't matter to me. Anyway she seemed to get suddenly sad -Hey, what's wrong?-

-Well he doesn't really live here anymore, I thought you knew it- She told me.

-What!? No....he didn't tell me anything... So he isn't here now...?-

-No he isn't, he rarely at home, he say that he got a lot of important cases to work on... He rarely even call or text me by now....-

But.... He texts me almost everyday...

-But this distance- She gone on -Has kinda of cleared a few things between me and Shinichi, I've been a lot more sincere to him. And I think that if he didn't go away for work I wouldn't be able to be this sincere-

-.... Did you confess!?- I asked suspicious.

-No, no!- She said smiling awkwardly and blushing -No, I didn't yet, but I was thinking about doing it-

-I see....- It was at the same time a bas news and a good news. I kept on wondering which one of these was the most important as we walked and reached her house.

-Dad, Conan, I'm back!- She said opening the door of the investigative agency.

-Good morning and thank you for your hospitality- I said smiling.

-Oh (y/n) it's been so long, how are your parents?- Kogoro asked me.

-They're doing well- Then I noticed that a kid who was reading a Sherlock Holmes book turned to stare at me, I smiled at him and introduced -You must be Conan! Ran talks a lot about you- When I got nearer to him I noticed something really really strange, he was identical to Shinichi when he was a child. I kept staring at him for a while.

Shinichi / Conan P.O.V.

Oh no, did she notice? Of course she noticed, stupid me. Even if we haven't seen each other for years she remembers about me and plus, she got a lot of photos as when we were kids...

-Hey (y/n), wanna go upstairs and leave your rucksack?- Ran asked while the bou suddenly pale kept on staring at the girl in front of him..

-Yeah, thank you- She said and they both went out.

No, I have to become Shinichi, just for today, even a few hours will be enough! I don't care about the black organization right now.

-I'm going to Agasa house now!- The boy said with his fake childish voice. And he went outside as well, but he heard something thay he didn't expect to.

-(y/n), something wrong?- It was Ran's worried voice.

-Yes of course! I just need some time by myslef, I'm a bit tired... Sorry-

-No problem, it's understandable- And then the girl appeared again in front of the boy's eyes, with red eyes this time. He stared at her.

-Is everything alright, neechan?- He managed to ask her.

-Yes ....-She answere waiting for the house's door to close, so Ran wouldn't hear her -It's just that I was hoping to see a certain person here, but I just got to know that he isn't there-

-Don't worry neechan! This will solve out!- He said and then went away leaving (y/n) with a confused expression on her face. But he knew exactly what he was going to do -Ai! I really need it, I don't care about the consequences but I can't stand seeing (y/n) this worried and sad because of me!- The boy shouted with his adult voice as soon as he step in the doctor's house.

-Your decision- She said handing him the pill, he didn't wait and ate it -I have just one question- She continued while the pill was having its effect on Conan, who was turining into Shinichi -Be sincere, is it Ran or this (y/n) the one you love?-

-(y/n)- Answered the now teenage boy, Shinichi Kudo -And I'm gonna make sure she knows that-

A/n I know this isn't really a great ending but this one shot was becoming really long so I prefered to end it thia way and not to write a really long one with a boring cliché ending. I hope you liked it anyway...