The Only Regret - Karma Akabane x Reader

This one shot is about Karma Akabane from Assassination Classroom which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this.

Study. Study. Study. Study.

I had to study so much, I wasn't used to it. I liked to read but not school stuff, and that's exactly why I ended up in 3E. But I liked that class. I was sure it was way better than all the others.

-You can do this (l/n)-san!- Korosensei said me.

-Are you sure about this??- I said hysterically with a pen in my right hand, the calculator in the left one while on the desk there were my maths book, the exercises book and the paper with all the formulas.

-Of course you can!- He smiled, well he was always smiling but then I felt like he was smiling both on the outside and on the inside -And if you want to have more advantages you can always ask Karma-kun to help you. We all know he's the best in maths- He whispered.

-Shhhh! He could hear you somehow! After all you're talking to him too! You're talking to every single student at the same moment! Everyone of them could hear you! So shhhh!- I said looking at Korosensei copies all around, especailly at the ones who were trying to convince Karma to study. I sighed, it looked like he didn't even want to hear the word "study".

-No way someone else could hear me. The only thing that is bothering me is that I think that Karma-kun isn't really trying to get a good mark. He seem self confidens, that generally is something good, but now he's way too much self confident..- He said looking at him as well -What do you think about trying to get a better mark than him in math? I think that if you try hard you'll manage to get it-

-Mh... Impossible...- I sighed. But somehow I felt more likely to study hard.

That hard school day ended and we were all exhausted, well all of us but Karma.

I noticed that he was the last one leaving the classroom. Perfect, since I had to talk with him.

Yeah I liked him and when I had to talk with him or when he was around I was awkward, but not that awkward.

-Ehm Karma. Why didn't you gave all of what you have today at studying?- It seemed wrong to ask it him like that but I knew that if I hadn't said it straight away I wouldn't have the courage to say it ever. He was staring at me, confused -We all know you can do better. You're the best one in our class after all!- I striked a smile to feel more self confident.

-Didn't Korosensei tell you to talk about this with me, did he?- He said it like he was sure that the answer was yes.

-Of course not! I'm here cause I decided to!- I blushed a bit, so tried to look away to hide it.

-I think I'm ready for the exams, I don't need to study anymore- He said smirking -See you tomorrow at school, (y/n)-chan~- And then he simply left.

I kept staring at him walking away, I wasn't even blushing because of the "chan".

-I'm definitely going to get a better mark than yours, Akabane Karma- I said to myself. He couldn't keeping on acting like that and maybe that would give him a good lesson.

The night before the exams I stood awake almost all night and then I went to school with the worst eye bags that had ever been seen there.

-Are you okay, (y/n)?- Kayano asked me, she was clearly worried and a bit scared as well.

-I'll be okay when all this will be over- I answered looking at the ground.

-Maybe she's on her period- I heard a certain boy, famous for his perverted mind, say.

-I'M NOT! BAKA OKAJIMA!- I shouted at him throwing one of our green knives. Even if it didn't hurt humans, at least it hit him.

I was simply nervous.

But I felt really better during the exams, when I realized the only thing bothering me and actually making that test difficult was that my hand was shaking so writing became a bit problematic.

Of course I couldn't answer evry single question and solve every single exercise. But I hopefully I thought I got a good mark.

But was it better than Karmas?

It was the only thing I could think about when Korosensei arrived with the exam's results.

-And my best congratulations go to (l/n)-san!- When Korosensei said that everyone turned to look and smile at me. I couldn't believe it even if I knew I gave all of myself in that exams -She got the second best mark in maths-

Second? So Karma did actually did best?

-And the first one, of course- He continued glancing at Karma -Is Asano-kun-

-WHAAT!?- Everyone in the class but me and Karma shouted. I looked at Karma by my side. He was showing ni emotion.

For the rest of the day he said nothing and I got worried. I saw him talking to Korosensei at a while, but I felt like O had to talk with him.

I was about to start looking for hom but he found me first.

-Hey, (y/n)- When I heard his voice I almost jumped.

-Oh Karma, you scared me, but actually I was looking for you, what's up? I'm sorry... About maths...- I said staring at the grass on the ground.

-I should be the one saying sorry. I understand what you wanted to tell me that day... And I totally ignored you. And you don't deserve to be ignored- He was blushing. Karma Akabane was as red as his freaking hair. I should be the blushing one -So what I want to say... Well actually there are morr just than one thing I want you to know... First I'm proud of your results not that I didn't believe you could reach them... I know you're a strong person and you can do whatever you want when you believe in yourself-

I can do whatever I want when I believe in myself, huh? You should be more careful with the words you use, Karma.

I took him by his words and with no fear I got near to him and kissed him without even thinking about it.

-Did I really had to spend night asleep studying to finally arrive at this situation?- I smirked after the kiss. Luck for me he kissed back after a few seconda of hesitation.

-Sorry...- He said, but smiled a bit -You know... I didn't care I wasn't the first in maths, I didn't care that Korosensei made fun of me, I didn't mind the others staring at me. My only regret was to have let you down. And I realized this before today, but I didn't know how to tell you and if to tell you-

-Well, you did it in the perfect way-