Awkward- Gray Fullbuster x Reader

This one shot is about Gray Fullbuster from Fairy Tail which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this!

Natsu knew about it.
Lucy knew about it.
Erza knew about it.
Levy knew about it.
Wendy knew about it.
Happy knew about it.
Juvia knew about it (and this gave me several problems actually...)

In other words the whole Fairy Tail guild knew about it, well everyone but him... Just Gray Fullbuster didn't get it.

The popular ice mage from Fiary Tail, one of the strongest guys of the guild... The one I fell in love with. But how could me, the girl that has been secretly by his side for years without him noticing, always supporting him, always truly smiling at him, just at him, the one nobody really knew, dare to say him the truth... Me, a mere appearance in his story...
I couldn't even imagine it.

But at the same time I wanted so much to tell him everything, to stop hiding it, to stop being shy. But as I said I didn't know where to start. I decided to just wait for him to get close to me. Yes, basically I was waiting for a miracle.

But I've always believed in miracles.

-I'm so sleepy...- Me saying this was the last thing I remembered before everything got dark. I didn't sleept enough the night before, nothing really strange actually, it was just one of thos nights when I couldn't sleep, no matter what. But I couldn't stay at home either the next morning, I wanted to go to the guild to see my friends, and of course Gary too, but I would always end up asleep there then. Nobody found it strange anymore.

But that day in particular it was me who noticed something really strange and really really awkward and embarassing.

I slept sitting on a chair and my head was on the table, when I woke up I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Gray's sleeping face..... On the table.... Right next to me.... A few inches away from mine.....

My face became red as Erza's hair. I couldn't say anything, I just turned my head to the other side. There stood Lucy sitting next to me while smiling knowingly.

-What happened??- I whispered to her trying not to wake Gray up. She didn't answer, she just kept smiling and then she went away. I didn't know what to do, I couldn't dare to look at Gray again, I was too afraid to stand up and go. I was just waiting for him to wake up and to walk away himslef.

I was so deep in my thoughts when I felt a hand starting stroking my hair, a hand from back of me. It could be just Gray.

I instantly closed my eyes, but it was useless -I know you're awake- I heard his voice and when I opened my eyes again he was right in front of me.

-Oh... Gray, good morning!- I said with an awkward smile.

-It's almost 7.00 pm, you know?- I felt a bit of luaghing in his voice while I was getting up.

-Oh... Right...- I said looking outside the windows anf noticing the darkness behind them, a lot of the other mages from Fairy Tail were gone too, and Juvia was one of them, maybe that was the reason why none killed me. But I felt a lot of my friend's eyes on me, Lucy, Erza, Natsu, Wendy...

Probably they knew something I didn't and I was dying to know what it was.

-Do you... Need something Gray?- I said with hesitation, noticing that his cheeks where light pink.

It can't be.

-Well... Nothing actually.... See you tomorrow...!- He said getting up and heading towards the guild's doors.

-Gray!- I half yelled when he was almost outside, he turned back with interrogative eyes -... Goodnight...-

-Good night, (y/n)- He smiled a bit and then he was gone.

-I'm gonna go too, see ya tomorrow guys- Natsu said and ran towards the doors before they closed. It seemed like Natsu had something to tell to Gray.

-(y/n), are you okay?- Lucy asked me, I was still staring at the doors.

-Yes, I am thanks. I knew it... The best was to obtain something is to expect nothing. But I'm way too positive sometimes- It was all I could say in that moment.

Gray P.O.V.

-Gray! Hey wait!- Natsu shouted to his sometimes friend and sometimes enemy.

-What do you want now, flame head?- He asked with an annoyed tone.

-It's not the moment to fight, is it?- Gray didn't reply but he stopped when Natsu reached him -Why didn't you tell (y/n) everything??-

-I wasn't ready- Gray said looking at the ground.

-You kidding me? You have thought the whole day about what to say and how to say it! You had the perfect chance, Juvia wasn't even there- Natsu was getting angry, it wasn't strange for him and Gray to fight, but in that moment it seemed like it really was -You're gonna tell her tomorrow, no excuses- Gray just nodded -Look, if you won't tell her I will tell her the truth- And it was the last thing he told him before he left.

The whole night Gray kept thinking about Natsu's words.

The next day. (Y/n) P.O.V.

I had my head lying on the table, I wasn't sleeping this time, I was staring at nothing in front of me. I was thinking about the day before. I could have told him something more than just "goodnight", something like "Hey Gray can I tell you something, yes? Well, you know, I kinda love you".

-Mira, can I have an hot chocolate please?- I asked whens she walked beside me.

-Yes dear- She smiled warmly.

-(y/n), you've been sad the whole day, what's matter- I heard the master's voice as he sat next to me.

-Nothing really...- I just said staring in front of me.

-Fairy Tail is a family, you don't need to worry. Once's problem is everyone's problem- He said, I got up noticing that Mira was coming with the hor chocolate.

-Thanks Mira- I said grabbing it.

-We're all here for you, you don't have to be afraid of being part of this family- Master's words were always helpful.

-I'll be sincere then, I actually love Gray- As soon as I said it I heard someone coughing behind me, suspicious I turned to see who it was and I saw Gray choking between his glass of water -Gray!?!?- I half shouted blushing, this caused the whole guild to turn to see what was happening.

As he kept choughing he slowly turn to face me, he was red as well.

-Everything went differently from what I was planning...- He whispered.

-What...?-

-You really mean it? That you love me...?- He asked with hopeful eyes, I had never seen him like that.

-Yes.... I do- I said, finally I said it. He suddenly grinned, with no apparent reason, and with even less apparent reason he kissed me in front of the whole guild.

Actually at first I was worried about what would have done Juvia, but then I forgot about her and kissed him back.

-And this ia what I wanted to tell you yesterday, that I love you too. I was just afraid that this feeling wasn't reciprocal- He said looking at me straight in the eyes.

-Well, it is- I said smiling back then the moment was interrupted by a shouting Lucy.

-We have to celebrate!- And soon everyone else in the guild followed her, us too.

And this way even what seemed impossible became possible.