Not a secret crush anymore - Kou Mabuchi x Reader (part 2)

This one shot is about Kou Mabuchi from Ao Haru Ride which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy that.

This is the part 2 of the previous one shot about Kou.

-Congratulations (y/n)!- A lot of people told me this, that day

After all thay was a really great day, I've waited so long.

Finally I had graduate. No more school matter and silly things ...

Uhu .... Why? I thought, my grip on my diploma tightened why am I thinking about that right now? This doesn't make any sense.... After all I promised myself that I'd move on. I can't break that promise.

I sighed looking at the sky and at the cherry blossom. He must have had graduated as well. Uff.... I must not think about him!? What's so difficult about that??

To distract myself I went to eat and ice cream, that always calm me down. Then I felt my phone ring in my pocket.

Kou??

I took the phone as fast as I could.

"母" was written on the screen.

Oh it's just my mum I thoughr while answering the phone How could I think it was Kou?? Why would he even call me? Yes we are friends but we haven't met or even text ever since .... That day .... And that's because he probably hates me now. And he's dating Futaba I guess.

-Where are you dear? You walked away without saying anything..- My mum asked me.

-Oh ... I'm sorry. I was a bit sad so I went for an ice cream-

-Sad? Why would you be sad (y/n)?- She asked me worried.

-Oh... W well...- Back then I was sad because I haven't seen Kou in a while but I couldn't say my mum this -I'll miss my class... !- I was playing with my hair while blushing.

-Anyway we should celebrate this evening, don't you think?- She told me, that would definitely distracted me.

-Okay, then I'll be back at home at 17.00 pm, see you later- I said, I didn't wait for an answer so I closed the call.

5 years later ...

Just a normal day in my normal life. I got a work in a cafeteria. Well paid, I didn't have any problems when it came to money. And that was just a part time job, I had success as a mangaka, mu dream.

But I felt alone. I had bunch of friends. And my readers liked my manga. But that wasn't enough.

"A really long chapter of my life had just ended" That's what I thought on that train that day.... It was just the start, through the years a lot more chapters began and ended.

I moved to Osaka and as I said there I found a work in a cafeteria and I realized my dream of being a mangaka.

As I said I was working in the cafeteria while thinking about a new character that I could add in my manga.

I heard the bell, that meant that a new customer just arrived. I turned to greet him or her.

-Welcooooooo.....me...- When I saw the face I couldn't speak normally anymort. Tsk. It had been a while since I haven't had this kind of reaction -Welcome to our cafeteria...-I repeater trying to keep cool.

-(y/n)?- Even his voice hadn't changed.

-Yes it's me- I answered a bit embarrassed, okay ... A lot embarrassed -How can I help you, Kou?- I smiled trying to think about when we were kids. When everything was easy.

-Wow....- He just said, I quickly looked at him and noticed he was slightly blushing.

He's 22 and he's acting like a teen ... Well I can't say I'm not doing the same, and I'm 22 as well.

-Sooo.... What would you like to drink? Or do you want anything to eat?- I asked after a while.

-Oh right ... I would like a coffee- He said.

-Okay, it'll be ready right away!- I said like I always did.

-Delicious- He said drinking the coffee. We talked a lot, even when he finished the coffee.

-So how's life going?- I asked him.

-Nothing new. I'm studying at university- He explained -What about you? Do you spend here holidays or did you move here?-

-I moved here in Osaka three years ago, I wanted to become self ssufficient, I go back home for birthdays and Christmas- I said.

-Oh that's why I didn't see you when I come visit- That surprised me.

-Eh? Did you come for a visit? But my uncle and aunt didn't tell you that I was in Osaka?- I was confused.

-No, I just looked for you around. I wantend just to see you and to talk to you- He was blushing ... Again.... And so was I.

He wanted to talk to me?? He is blushing.... Could it be... ? Tsk ... As if

When the cafeteria closed for the night we walked through the Osaka's streets together.

-Sorry for the question but now we met so what do you wanted to talk with me about?- I asked insecure.

-About what happened last time we met- He said directly.

-Whaaaa ... What do you mean by that!?- I was getting nervous. He just laughed -JUST ANSWER ME BAKA NO KOU!-

-Okay okay....- He said trying to stop laughing -Let's say that you thought immediately that I would reject you, so you didn't let me answer your confession-

-EH!? So now ... Answer me... What did you felt for me back then? Even if now more than five years passed by and ....-

-Back then I loves you- He said without hesitate- And now I still love you- I stopped walking hearing those words -Huh? Something wrong (y/n)? Ah.... I guess that your feelings changed-

-No!- I said looking up -They didn't ... Even if I try to distract myself from thinking about you during those years ... I just couldn't...-

-Maybe this mean that we must be together?- He asked me, but that was more a affirmation than a question, O just nodded.

So he always loved me back... I suffered for nothing.

While I was thinking that I felt his lips on mine own.

My life was, finally, really, complete.