Just Smile - Koushi Sugawara x Reader

This one shot is about Koushi Sugawara from Haikyuu which of course I didn't own. I hope you'll enjoy this.

-Koushi what's wrong?- I said noticing that he was so absent while we talked.

-Me? Oh.. It's nothing..- He said looking at his math book.

-Don't lie to me, you look like a girl on her period- He slightly chuckled and I felt revieled -Now will you tell me what's wrong? Do you not understand what we did during math lesson today? I can explain it to you, strangely, I understood it..- Our last year in high school was giving us so much anxiety even is it had just began.

-It's not that... It's just that.. I won't be playing in the team anymore-

-Wait, what!? Why??- He laughed at my reaction, but it was a fake and forced laugh. And I didn't like it.

-There is a new student in the firsr year, a setter, and he'a really talented-

-I don't think that this is enough to kick you out. It's okay that Daichi want to have strong players, but what really matters is the chemistry between teammates right? You have a great chemistry with Daichi and Asahi, meanwhile the new setter is a newbie..- He laughed again. Again a fake laugh.

-I have to admit that right now he's not getting along really well with other players, but he will-

-I got it, I'll just talk with Daichi about it- I said seriously and I was about to get up ans take my phone to call my boyfriend's friend, but something stopped me. His hand in mine.

-Don't, it's okay this way. I like look those boys growing up and it's also nice to see new players so talented and so devotes to volleyball. They will make our team great-

He didn't really convince me that time, but in the end I didn't talk with Daichi about what Koushi told me. I started visit them during practice, I wanted to see thosw talented first year students he kept telling mw about.

-(y/n)!- My boyfriend smiled when he saw me ans I giggled. Since he was resting he walked up to me and hugged me. He was sweatinf but I really didn't mind since I loved hugs and we could barely see each other outside from school classes. He had practice and I had activities with my own school club.

Some boys I had never seen before turned to look at us with confuses eyes. Koushi noticed them and decided to introduce me.

-Oh guys, she's (y/n), my girlfriend- He said with a bright smile. Was he so proud to have me as his girlfriend?

-GIRLFRIEND!?- However a ginger hair and a tall boy with raven hair seemed even more surprised than me.

-Woah.. Sugawara-senpai has a girlfriend- The ginger hair said amazed. Why were they acting like that.

-We are..- A tall boy with blonde hair and glasses came up to speak but I interrupted him.

-You four must be the newbies. Yep, Koushi talks a lot about you- I said smiling and some of them laughed slightly.

-It's nice that you visited us, (y/n)- Daichi was smiling too -But we have to practice for the next match-

-Oh yeah, yes I understend, sorry eheh..- I said awkwardly taking a few steps back but someone stopped me, I turned to see who it was -Kyoko?- She simply smiled.

-You don't need to go away, you can stay watchinf practice if you want to, and I know that you want to- She smirked and we both sat on some chairs against the wall -Is something wrong?- She asked me after a while noticing how absent I was.

-What? No..- But hiding it was too hard -Well... Actually Koushi has really been talking a lot about these new players. I could tell that at the beggining he was sad he couldn't play has much as the past years, but he was happy that the team was getting better, I thought that anyway he was more sad than happy. But now that I saw him play at practice I think thay he's definitely more happy.. But I still want to be next to him about this whole thing, even if maybe, he doesn't need me anymore...- Why I couldn't see properly? What was on my eyes? This watery thing... Tears?

-Oh (y/n)...- She gave me a tissue which I accepted -Trsut me when I say that he needs you anyway, he'll always need you, that boy would be lost without you- She giggled but I couldn't feel better at all -You said that he talked a lot about Hinata and Kageyama right? Well, when he's here he only talks about you and ask me question about whay to do since I'm a girl- This got me slightly smiling.

-Thank you Kyoko, somehow now I feel better- I said with my tears gone.

Practice kept going for a few more hours and at the end of it Koushi wanted to walk me home. I didn't mind.

-What were you and Kyoko talking about during practice?- He asked me almost as soon as we left the gym.

-Girls stuff- I answered avoiding the topic, I didn't want him to know how I felt lately.

He didn't answer like if he was expecting me to say something more. We were almost half way when he spoke again.

-(y/n)...- He stopped and I turned to look at him -Why won't you tell me the truth?-

-What?- I was confused and a bit scared too.

-I was hoping you would tell me yourself. You know.. Yamaguchi sat next to you and Kyoko while you were talking and he overheard your conversation- I missed an heartbeat, I was scared, angry and sad -He told me about it while we were changing.. I didn't want you to know this but I was expecting that you would tell me the truth..- In his eyes there was disappointment, I wanted to run away so bad.

-I didn't want you to worry about something like that- At that point telling the truth was the best option.

-I will always worry about even the littlest thing that makes you sad or uncomfortable and this will nevee change. You're my girlfriend and I care about you... So much...- With his last words he was hugging me. Again my vision blurred. Tears -Do you really think I didn't need you anymore? Because as Kyoko said I'll always need you in my life, I could never get bored of you of something like that. I love you- I thought my heart stopped because he never said it before. He broke the hug and looked at me with a sweet smile. My face was a mess because of crying.

Before I knew it his two index fingers were on each side if my mounth, turning it into a smile.

-I count to three then I'll take away my fingers, I hope you will smile by yourself.. One- I didn't want to disappoint him anymore -Two- He showed me that I had absolutely nothing to worry about -Three- And that he truly loved me.

-I love you too-