Chapter 4: Hercules

"God's sakes, when's gym?!" The redheaded jock growled to himself, writing almost nothing on the white sheet in front of him.

Hercules tried to understand what Mr. Facilier, the history lecturer was blabbing on about but in all honesty, he just couldn't wait to get back on the football court. It was his third year now and he'd missed his field and buddies as much as any other player.

Suddenly, his cell phone beeped. Sneakily looking at the screen, a pop up message came up. Beast.
Adam Beastly, actually, a.k.a Beast. As in, a total beast on any sporting event.

Beast: I'm done with English class. Going out with Charm and Tarzan now. Where R u?

Hercules fought the urge to growl again. If Charming was going along, it meant they were going basket balling.
And since the freshmen arrived, it meant tryouts. He LOVED basketball tryouts. He just had to leave!

"Seems like you have a lot on your mind already, Mr. Zeus. Care to enlighten us on what is troubling you?" Mr. Facilier's slithery voice chimed in.

"Uh...nothing. Nothing, sir,"

"Seems like you're texting," a blonde boy snickered next to him.

"Well, shut the f*ck up, John!" Hercules sneered playfully at John Smith.

Their lecturer sighed. "Honestly, Mr. Zeus, I wonder how you keep on passing when all you ever do is get distracted in my class," he slowly walked back to his seat. "Anyway, enough said. I was leaving anyway. In our next class, each of you will summarise all the fourteen chapters I mentioned earlier. And I want the summary in details!"

The entire class groaned. Asides from the fact that it meant 14 entire chapters, they knew that whenever Mr. Facilier said in details, he meant Word. For. Word.

"That's too much, sir. And the next class is in two days from now," a dark haired girl whined.

"Isn't that too bad, Vanessa Urchin. Now, you have Mr. Zeus here to thank for hurrying up the class,"

Hercules felt an eternity of glares peering into his back.

"Oh well, time to hit the books," Giselle smiled at Hercules who returned. Giselle Fauna, his longtime best friend.

"I gotta go now, though," Hercules began to rise. "I'm late,"

Before he made an exit, he turned to the class and winked. "No offence,"

Next thing, Hercules Zeus was racing down the halls, the thought of watching new players make it and break it on the the Basketball team.

He knew General Li Shang had to be there as well. Shang was also as sporty as sports could be. Taking charge of every single sporting activity, grinding them all to the very best.

Hercules sighed. The great Third Year buddies. The fourth year students had already gone off all sporting events to focus on their final examinations. It seemed like everything rested on the third years now.

"Let me go, Tall, Dark and Gruesome!" He heard someone whisper menacingly.

Looking upward, he saw Gaston, major Walt Disney Jock. Gaston had graduated over two years ago but too many courses were failed and the Macho Maniac never minded coming back. He was a total girl freak so if coming back had to do with meeting new girls, he never minded.

Today, he was cornering a very skinny, average-height girl, dressed in a purple oversized top with black skinnies and dark sandals. Her rich brunette hair cascaded down her back, some falling on her shoulders. There was an evident look of boredom in her well shaped eyes, hidden behind well rimmed glasses as she quietly tried to out step Gaston.

"Not without your number,"

"How about I punch you in the face then give you a '911' number?"

"Feisty, huh?" He lifted a mighty arm in front of her, blocking her path. She rolled her eyes again in all irritation. "Gaston likes. And you know whatever Gaston wants, Gaston gets,"

"Ah. No one says Gaston like Gaston. How sweet. Unfortunately, I don't see a Gaston in my future. Now move!"

"Nope," Gaston quickly yanked on her slim arm, making her yelp. "Forget the number. A kiss, then?"

"Imbecile!" She roared, trying helplessly to free herself.

Hercules knew he should be running to the gymnasium but, not even he could understand the force that kept pulling him towards the scene. Before he knew what was going on, he was placing a hand on Gaston's shoulder.

Gaston turned around, his eyes blazing. Hercules took an internal gasp as he tried not to be overshadowed by the height difference.

"I think you should let her go."

"Oh really, and what are you gonna do about it, kid?" His grip on the girl's hand grew tighter, making her eyes squint.

"Why don't we find out,"

"Why you little—OUCH!!!!" Gaston suddenly let out an ear splitting scream, letting go of the girl immediately.

Hercules looked surprised at first, then looked up to see the girl's leg slowly descending from Gaston's crotch.

The girl adjusted her glasses and looked down at the big guy, who was now sprawling painfully across the floor, hands buried protectively between his thighs as he howled in pain.

"Don't mess with me," she spat out and walked over him. Before she made any further steps, she looked back at Hercules. "Uh, thanks and all but I think I can handle myself. I'm a...uh, big strong girl and everything,"

"Whoa. Wait up. Things like this don't need you handling it all alone. You'll need to be a bit more careful,"

"Yup. You'll need that advice, Wonder Boy. But, really. Thanks for trying anyway,"
She tried to leave again but Hercules caught up with her.

"I'm Hercules, by the way,"

"Good to know,"

Hercules smiled, a hand running through his hair. "And you are?"

"Of course, that's what comes next," she sighed, rubbing her temples. "I'm Megara. My friends call me Meg, though..." Her head turned away and she whispered. "Well, they would if I had any friends,"

"Nice meeting you, Meg. I do hope we can see again by chance..."

"Bye," she waved him off and began to sashay away.

Hercules found himself gazing on at the skinny but real attractive figure disappearing in the hallway. A smile formed on his lips.

Meg huh?

He had almost forgotten what had even brought him to the halls.

Oh yeah! He jerked awake.

Basketball tryouts!

Walt Disney Academy ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें