Chapter 53: Cold Out Here

Sultan's Residence

The snow was a blessing to the façade of the Sultan mansion. Coupled with the gleaming soft blue and magenta neon lights, the bright white of snow frost gave the entire environment that early Christmas night feel.

And Mulan couldn't wait to go back to China. It's been too much drama for three months.

She took some time to enjoy the crunching of the snow beneath her white army boots. She'd chosen an all-white get-up to symbolize her own participation in the party's winter theme.
Well, that and the fact that she didn't have time to go winter outfit shopping. So she'd just gathered her whites and tried to utilise them in the best way possible.

Esmeralda had told her she looked cute anyway, so she believed it. And even if she was well aware that she was fashionably late, she'd chosen to revel in the moment of the feel winter in another land before hailing down a cab.

The moment she approached the door, the mighty coppery doors swung open, revealing a really skinny beauty, dressed a woolly turtle-neck crop top, ragged boyfriend denim shorts and a denim jacket to match. She looked as tipsy as the balance she had in those snowflaked concept heels.

Behind her, the second verse of Post Malone's 'Rockstar' began to boom into the outer breeze.

"Oh look. Pizza!" The girl slurred to Mulan's face.

Mulan scrunched her face. She knew she was three hours late but she hadn't expected anyone to get drink already. Besides, she knew this drunk girl standing before her. She was the same one who had informed her that the bus of basketballers had taken off without her.

"Meg? Oh God, there you are. Come on, let's-" a masculine structure walked up to Meg, gripping her by the shoulders.

Hercules stopped when he caught sight of Mulan. And Mulan looked back.

She hadn't really spoken to any of the basketball members since she found out what they'd done.

"Oh. Uh. Mulan! You came, you... uh... You look nice."

Mulan only choked on a response and nodded, smiling awkwardly.

"Come on, Meg. Let's...let's get you sober."

Mulan shrugged and walked into the massive building.

Before she could notice the amazing interior decor, she stared in awe at the number of extremely -really, highly- uninterested guests.
Just about a handful of them were actually bearing smiles upon their faces.

Tiana looked like she was not too far from dozing off, her chin resting on the cup of her palm and elbow on the table. Even chatty Lottie was busy typing away on her phone, opposite her.
Jane Porter lazily sipped on some weird liquid from her straw, her eyes glancing gently through the pages of a novel on her lap.

Aladdin was sitting at the base of the spiral staircase, his eyes downcast.
Kuzco and Hans were off in a corner, whispering something's in hushed tones to each other.

Mulan knew this was her first party attendance in college but she knew there was more interest in a college party than what she was seeing.

The only signs of life were inner-circle relationships, like Ariel and Eric, Shego and Drakken, Merida and Hiccup, Giselle and Hercules and Meg and some other quiet couples.