Chapter 20: Frozen

"Concentrate, Jack. If you're gonna be here." Mavis Vladimir frowned for the gazillionth time.

Jack, on the other hand, just laughed her off.

Mavis turned to Tecna, who was busy looking at her iPad.

"Really. I don't get why we couldn't go and rehearse with the girls. Jack is such a big oaf!"

Tecna sighed and looked up for the screen. "Well, Hiccup and Kuzco are busy and Flora and the rest had to take care of Stella. She came down with a horrible fever. If we want this music thing to work, we have to work with only what's at hand. The Talent Show is next week."

Mavis grumbled and drummed her fingers on the table. "OK, then." She turned to Jack, who gave her a sleazy look.
"Well. Let's order something, shall we? I'm starving and you aren't concentrating. I won't kill myself."

"Gotcha covered." He slid around in his seat, catching Anna's back as she dropped a fizz bottle on John Smith's table. "Yo waitress!"

Anna paused, completely in shock, then cautiously turned around towards the voice that had called her.

"Jack. You can't call someone like that!" Tecna snapped, slapping his arm.

Jack pulled a tongue out at the magenta-haired girl and turned back. "Come on! We're hungry over here!"

Mavis swore she could melt from the way weird gazes were directing towards their table.

Anna marched up to their table, a fierce frown on her face. "What the hell do you think you're doing? This isn't a posh hotel. Be nice when you're calling out for orders."

"Bull."

Anna could almost feel steam rushing out if her ears. She opened her mouth to blaspheme when Jack interrupted.

"So, what would you girls want?"

Mavis shook her head and faced Anna. "I'm really sorry about this, OK? Um...I'll just have a diet cola and a veggie sandwich. If that's OK."

Tecna kicked the toe of her boot with the toe of the other. "I'll take the coke. Only. Thanks."

Anna quickly wrote it down, more than willing to get away from the table.

"And I..." Jack began rather smugly. '...will have your number." He shot a toothy smirk. "Yeah. Maybe you and I could take a trip on the dating train. Y'know?" His smirk grew more smug.

Anna's eye twitched and just as she raised the note pad upward to strike his head, a calm hand landed on her shoulder.

"Anna." Elsa began warningly.

Anna seethed a bit, then put the pad down. "He's a creep, Els! And he sure is rude as f..."

"Anna?" Elsa raised an eyebrow at her.

Anna sighed. "Fine." She whined and turned to glare at Jack.

Funny enough, Jack wasn't even looking at her anymore. His eyes focused on the pale skinned girl standing behind.
Last time he'd seen skin so pale and hair so fair was when he looked in the mirror.

And of course, when he checked Aurora's Snapchat.

"Hello? What do you want to eat? There are other guests around?"

"Water. Just water." His lips began to curl as he kept on looking at Elsa, like he was in some kind of haze.

"Just water and you had to act all corny?" Anna demanded and marched out, deciding it would be best if she didn't endure it anymore.

"Staring is rude." Elsa began in her calm voice.

"Oh, sor..."

"And so is treating my sister the way you did. Actually, treating anyone like that is not permitted."

"Sorry. I'm sorry."

Mavis' eyes widened as she stared at the transfixed Jack. She nudged Tecna's elbow and both of them exchanged a sly look.

"Yes. Anyway..." She got ready to leave but Jack quickly stood up.

"I'm Jack Frost by the way. And forgive me, I didn't know you two were related, she doesn't look like you in any way..."

Elsa's eyebrows jammed.

"...I mean, it's not like you two don't look alike, it's just that... I uh... ." He sighed. "I'm Jack."

Elsa sighed in frustration. "Okay."
She tried to leave again.

"Hey. Why do you wear a jacket indoors? I mean, I know winter's coming but it's like 100° in here."

She puffed. "Why do you have on a muffler?"

His hand touched the wooly material round his neck and he gave a warm smile. "I still feel cold."

She paused for a second, her gaze uneasy. "Well, me too."

His smile grew wider. "No kidding. What's your name?"

Her blue eyes shot up. She got ready to frown again but he interjected once more. "Hey. Isn't that Hans' necklace? I've seen it with him countless of times."

Her face suddenly broke all calm as she finally wore a sour glare. "I'm still working. Just behave yourself next time with people."

And she turned around.

"Hey. Wait. When can we meet again? You didn't even tell me your name. Hey..."

"Smooth move, Frost." Tecna almost blared out. Mavis silently but viciously laughed until tears rolled down her cheeks. "You're lucky we didn't run away from you. You went from being rude one minute to being real creepy the next!"

"Did you see the way he was ogling at her?" Mavis widened her eyes and made an 'O' shape with her mouth, trying to look as mystifying as possible, mocking Jack.

"You gotta admit. She was pretty. Did you see? And she almost had my hair colour a-and our skin tones..."

"Yeah, yeah. We get it, Frost. She's your sister." Tecna plopped her cheek unto her palm.

"No!" He retorted then looked back at the direction which Elsa had gone. He smiled. "She said she's cold too."

"Yeah. Because it's a frosty 0° out. I bet many people here are also cold."

"They take off their jackets cos this place has a heater."

"She feels cold. So what, Jack?" Mavis shook her head. "Honestly. You are weird. To the female race at most."

Anna returned with the orders. She dropped the plates from a tray in front of both Mavis and Tecna.
For Jack, she applied extra force to slam down the water bottle in front of him.

With a swing of her head and a 'hmph!', she stormed out.

"Can't believe she's related to that."

"JACK!" Both girls chorused.