Chapter 32

Aurora, Cinderella and Snow walked casually into the school clinic, talking about everything and anything at all.

Hung on Aurora's elbow was a medium sized basket filled with fruits and juices, meant for her aunt's and of course, the sick Hiccup.

Funny how people weren't even taking Merida's case seriously. People acted like they didn't even notice. Except, of course,  the dance/gymnastics group, the only group that Merida ever managed to be involved in.

"Prince is telling me the wedding will have to be a bit closer. That if we don't do it soon, we might never do it. That his work is really interfering. I've never been so nervous."

"I have a very alternate view when it comes to marriage." Aurora placed a hand on her hip.

"What?" Cinderella calmly asked.

"I feel, or I have noted that marriages just do not last."

Snow paused. "What is that?"

"No offences, Snow. I'm just saying. I once heard that once people get married, after a year or two, the love vanishes. And I support it. How can two people be together for so long?"

Snow squinted her eyes. "How can you think..."

"Oh, there's aunt Fauna now. I'll see you girls later." Aurora shoved Snow lightly then walked towards her aunt.

"How can she think that, Cind. I know a lot of people who've had over 50 years of happy married lives."

"Don't mind her, Snow." Cinderella moved closer to place a hand on Snow's shoulder.

"I mean, I know Aurora is kind and pure most of the times. But other times..." Snow huffed, "she can be such a bitch."

Cinderella folded her arms. "Yup."

"She's got it all. Beauty, a boyfriend, crushes. It's going straight into her head. How can she tell me that?"

"Calm your horses, Snow. She's just caught up in her own moment. I know Aurora will calm down."

Although Snow hated to admit it, the entire words of Aurora had caused a little scare in her.

Aurora put the basket in front of her aunts. "Hi, Auntie!"

Meriweather turned towards her niece. "Back again, are we, child?"

"I've got fruits this time around. With something extra for Hiccup. I hear he's recovering but it's known that fruits heals faster."

"You actually have time to go grocery shopping, young lady." Fauna placed her hand on her cheek.

Aurora just laughed lightly. "Where's aunt Flora?"

"Attending to a certain Giselle."

"Hmm." Aurora drummed the basket handle. "These things I brought for Hiccup, though. May I give it to him?"

"He already has a visitor now, dear. You know the boy's been restless ever since that Scottish girl went AWOL."

"I know. It's so sad that her case isn't even being taken seriously. I thought there'd be a search party or so by now."

"Welcome to Walt Disney." Meriweather leaned in. "Where occasions like winter parties are considered more important than a missing student."

"Meriweather!!!" Fauna scolded.

"What? I like gossips too."

Aurora shook her head and smiled. "I hope Hic doesn't blame it all on himself. That Philip kid was part of the cause and he's not looking bothered."

"Now, don't be hard on the boy. He hasn't been getting much peace of mind either. Day and night for three weeks, he's been coming here to speak with Hiccup about Merida. Three days ago, he went looming for her."

Aurora threw her head back to laugh. "I can see you're on his side, Auntie."

"Thanks, Aunt Fauna." Someone said behind her as soon as she had spoken.

Aurora quickly spun round. Who else called her aunts 'Aunt'?

Philip took a while before he acknowledged Aurora's presence. Again, as he had done some days ago, he froze upon sight of her.

Aurora turned back to her aunts. By the time she did, they had this weird glance on their faces.

"I didn't realize he was allowed to be so informal with you. Are you all that close?"

"Well, uh..." Fauna stuttered.

"You look...you look really familiar." Philip began.

"Funny. One of my teachers said she recognized me." She scoffed humorlessly. "Oh well."

"Are you by any chance related to... a Briar Rose Wheeler?"

Aurora's heart nearly slammed against her ribcage. Good Lord, who went around telling everybody about this?
If her parents found out people knew who she was, they'd take her away from the entire Europe, that was for sure.

She quickly turned to her aunts. "How does he know?" She whispered.

"Who knew they would meet after all?" Fauna whispered to herself.

"It is you. It's you, Briar!"

Aurora snapped her head towards him. "Sorry. I'm Aurora. Not Briar Rose."

"No way! You haven't changed. But you did get really beautiful, I must admit." Philip smiled. He looked like he'd just found his lost relative after a hundred years.

His arms opened out as if making her to get a better view of him. "Don't you recognise me? It's me. Philip. Philip Stallion?"

As much as she hated to admit it, the name did ring a bell.

"Okay. Philip Stallion. I guess it's a pleasure to meet you. Can I go now?"

"You two were childhood friends, Aurora. But it was a really long time ago. You were barely even three."

Meriweather tugged Fauna's white sleeve in interruption. "You wouldn't actually call them friends."

Philip frowned. He could remember the little time they'd spent together.

How he hated her ass!

She was such a boring goody-two-shoes.
Plus, she wasn't even his type.

Looking at her, however, he couldn't say same.

"He just referred to you informally. Do you also know him?"

"We have a long conversation for you to go through." Fauna sighed softly.

Aurora kept on eyeing Philip. "It is kind of nice to find an old childhood friend after so many years," she looked back at her aunts.
"that I never knew of."

"You were young then. But you still look the same, my God."

"It's also sad that you turned out to be a coward. Yes, it had to be said. Pushing all the blame on one helpless girl. And now that she's run away, I hope you finally get your dose of guilt."

"Aurora!" Both her aunts snapped.

"Forgive me for being rude. I'm normally not. But it's quite vexing." She didn't even spare him one more glance.
"Help me give the fruits to poor Hic. I'll see you two later."