Chapter 39: Under The Sea

If there was anywhere Ariel enjoyed in the entire school asides the comfort of her duvet was the school's indoor swimming pool.

She knew she should have been tired of swimming since she had been underneath the waters all her life but still. Barely three months away from home and she craved for the feel of the liquid caressing her skin.

Her hair was probably already too soft since her aqua life had taken an effect on her, that was probably the least of her worries. Even she admired the way her red silky threads turned to woolly cotton in the midst of the translucent waves that swam round her head.

Ariel had never been happier.

And it was such a beautiful Saturday to use the pool, though it was restricted on any day that it wasn't used as a school period activity.

Ariel couldn't care less. Moana was present as well, so it could be regarded as a school period, couldn't it?

After over a minute of swirling around in the pool, Ariel regretfully broke away at the surface of the pool, the weight of her heavy hair the only obstruction from coming out fully.

"For goodness sake, Ariel. We could get caught. We've had enough. Let's get going."

"We won't get caught, Moana. Scared-y cat." Ariel curled backward, head first into the pool again.

Moana groaned. She started pulling out her feet from the water. "Okay. You can keep on playing around. I'm going to not get caught, so hasta la -" Moana got interrupted as she felt herself being pulled into the water from a grip on her ankle.

Moana couldn't even yell at Ariel as they were both under the water so she just gave an angry snarl then swam up to the top again. "You just loove playing too much, don't you, huh?" She started to swim away towards the pool ladder.

"Jeez, Moana." Ariel arose again. "What happened to your sense of liquid enthusiasm?"

"We've been swimming for over an hour now. Not only do I really need to pee but I really need to sleep. It's SATURDAY, please. A day when we sleep! Or do homework. And luckily for us, we have none this week. We should sleep."

"Aww!" Ariel whined then dunked back into the water.

"Fine. I'm gone." Moana blurted then walked to the benches then picked up her towel.

"Adios. I'll meet up with you shortly, okay?"

"You should make it quick. If you get caught, how the hell will I make it to Peace and Conflict Resolution classes alone." Moana didn't wait for a response before walking out of the hall.

Ariel smiled and went under once more, swimming to settle down at the bottom of the pool. She laid her body down. Her arms and legs were outstretched as she lay parallel to the tiled flooring of the pool bottom.

It was indeed amazing. She felt so much at peace, felt her watery surrounding seeping all around her, her watery wool hair rising above her face.

Her lucid state was cut short by the noise made from the hinge of the metal doors.

She got startled immediately. Had Moana come back? Well, if she did come back, Ariel was more than ready to follow her.

She started swimming towards the ladder. As she broke through the surface, she gulped in the oxygen. "Wow, I thought you'd leave me here-" she looked up, then paused.

It was only a millisecond she had to look at the face before she felt a weight placed on her head, forcing her back into the pool.

All she could see was a blur view of dark hair before viewing the water once more. Unfortunately, this time around, the water wasn't the peaceful wet cloud she found herself floating peacefully in.
This time, it felt like a traitor, blocking her from respiring.