Chapter 24: Talent Show Eve

"Moana. Are the lists of performances ready?" Philip folded his arms at the same time, his eyes restlessly swinging around the auditorium from Rosette perfecting a floral mural to Jane Porter sweeping up the floors.

"I guess so. Er, Hiccup? Do you have the list here?" Moana walked quickly over to Hiccup who was busily stacking up some papers.

"Yes." He looked up at her. "Yes...I..." he looked back down at the lists. Suddenly, he stopped when his eyes landed on one of the papers. "Hey. Moana. How about if I deliver it to Philip myself. I need to make an urgent correction and I don't really need you waiting around that long. It's gonna be really stressful for you."

"What mistake is that? I thought you'd corrected everything."

"It's just a tiny mistake. I'll be brief."

"Well, if you're gonna be brief, I could wait. I think Philip needs it right now."

"I will deliver it personally. OK?"

"Why?"

"Moana." He forced himself to keep calm. "I bet you have billion other things to do rather than be the lapdog. I'll correct something very important then I'll send it to him."

Moana scoffed and shrugged her shoulders in annoyance. "That was rude, Hic."

"I'm not meant to be rude but you just don't seem to understand that I need to correct a mistake. Hence, I will submit this myself."

"Fine. Whatever." She waved her hand in annoyance and marched off to find some other work she could do.

"Moana. Make way. Make way." Ariel half screamed as she made her way over to her friend.

"Ariel?" Moana groaned playfully. "What are you doing here? The auditorium is restricted until tomorrow."

"There's a reason to that. And believe me, it's not only for the same of the talent show."

"What do you mean?"

"The school results just came out. From the second year students up to the finalists. Cool, huh?"

"What?!"

"It is what I said. The results are out. Students are running to the notice board like crazy. Others are going to the school's portal on the internet. What a horrible timing to put it out up there. And tomorrow is the day of the show we've all been waiting for. People with low Grade Point Averages are gonna drop out of this for sure."

"I heard kids are really smart here in this school. I doubt we'll have a lot of failures this year."

"Yeah right. It's so exciting. We'll soon get to see our own results."

"I'm not that eager, Ariel."

"I am. Hey. Are you done here? We can go on a quick stroll. I heard Milo finally got the original version of Black Panther. We could stroll over to the Engineering Faculty. How bout dah?"

"You're in an oddly good mood. Woke up on the right side of the ocean, huh?"

"I'm just happy, Moana. It's not a bad thing."

"Tell me. Is it a boy? Ariel, is it that Eric boy?" Moana tried to sound sly as she playfully nudged her friend's shoulder. To her surprise, Ariel just rolled her eyes.

"Oh please, Mo. I do have other things in life that'll give me joy. Mustn't necessarily be somebody who doesn't eve know my name." Quickly, Ariel took hold of Moana's wrist. "So you coming or what?"

"Sorry. No can't do. I've still got so.e stuff to do here. Helping Philip out."

"Wow. Thank Goodness the show is tomorrow. It's been hogging most of your time."

"We'll gist a lot once I'm done. Everything will be over today and you know it. Just a bit more time. Promise."

"Fine." Ariel huffed. "Who am I supposed to go with then?"

"We can go." A feminine voice cooed behind both girls.

The confused duo jumped in fright at the new voice that had interrupted them.

"What? Why so scared - Ariel?" Vanessa flipped her hair, her gaze switching from pissed off to very pissed off.

"How did you know my name?" Ariel asked after much hesitation.

"Who doesn't know about the damsel in distress. You know? With my boyfriend as Prince Charming. "

"What are you talking about?" Moana cut in in annoyance.

"You shut it, Afro. As for you..." Vanessa closed up the distance between she and Ariel. "We need to talk. Now don't be scared. It's just for us to set some rules straight."

A.N: Don't crucify me please!!!
Happy Easter, first of all.

Secondly, I know I went on a 2-month hiatus. It vexed me too. I thought I'd be done with this book by now. I was wrong obviously.
I must apologise. School work is demonic...and I STILL haven't finished my examinations.

Pls pray for me. I really don't love all these writer blocks but I have to clear up this semester before Wattpad. Most of you are students. You'd understand me right?

I'm making it up with an immediate update.
Stay woke, beloved 😊.