Chapter 17

"Hey, Al." Jasmine reached hopped into the seat next to her boyfriend, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Aladdin smiled but his eyes never left his phone.

"Who're you texting?" She smiled, resting her cheek on her arms, which were in turn supported by her knees.

"Oh. Nobody in particular." He put the phone away and faced her.
"So, what's new?"

"Oh, y'know? Naveen asked me to be his date to my own Winter party. As if he already didn't know I got you. That stupid Gaston tried as well. And so did that sophomore Peter Pan." Jasmine laughed.

Aladdin turned for a moment. He sure was lucky to have the most beautiful and richest girl in school. Every single guy had had their chances with her but she'd turned them all down.
It did make him feel kind of guilty.

"Thanks, I guess."

She flung an arm upon his shoulder. "It's pretty cheesy. Call it love. And thanks for sending out the invites. I really needed that."

"It was no biggie. Call it love?"

"Yeah. Anywho. Ask me about my day. Come on, come on."

Alladin sighed. In all honesty, he couldn't tell himself what was wrong with him.
Sometimes, he told himself he was tired of Jasmine, considering the fact that she was all into the high lifestyle. At the same time, he weighed out that with how much she'd done for him. How much she actually did love him and gave him, a poor orphan, almost everything she had.

In true sense, he really didn't know where it all went wrong.

"How was your day?" He finally put down his phone and smiled up at her.

"Well. This my friend, Esmeralda, the one in my dance class and law class, she had this issue with Frollo and ever since then, her mood has been suck-y. She hardly attends any function anymore. Not even lectures. But I heard Charlotte LaBoeuff whisper to Drizella Tremaine that she's been making trips to Frollo's office in secret - "

Alladin just stared at his girlfriend as she blabbered on, not paying a single attention to whatever she was saying. However, he still tried to rack his brain on how he could explain it to Jasmine that he was getting fed up.

Fed up with her.

At last, he admitted it to himself that it was normal. It was a normal guy thing.

Guys get tired of their girlfriends ALL the time.

"- you remember, don't you?" Her soft voice rose a pitch into his ear.

"Huh?" He quickly widened his eyes.

"You weren't listening. I asked if you remembered Professor Jafar."

"Yeah. Who could forget that creep?"

"Good thing that bastard's in jail.  He wanted to make off with Daddy's money. Good thing he was caught before he could succeed. However, I gear that's what is going on with Esmeralda. I think Frollo wants money."

"Or wants her." Aladdin interjected.
Jasmine nudged him.

"No way, Al. He's a Judge. And he believes strongly on God and the Roman Catholic faith. He wouldn't do anything impure such as that."

"You're so naïve, Jas."

Jasmine frowned. "I'm not, Al. And you know how much I hate it when people say things like that." She pulled a face and crossed her arms over the other, looking down at her feet.

Aladdin breathed. No. He couldn't. He couldn't let Jasmine go. But then, there was Aurora as well.

He was somewhat bored of Jasmine but he couldn't stand her being away from her either. And neither could he do that to Aurora.

"Jasmine?"

"What?" She demanded, though she knew he knew her temper was short lived.

"Jas, I -"

She rolled her eyes and turned to him, opening her mouth to surely rant when he quickly held her face and placed his lips on hers.

That was all he needed. To remember that there was still a part of him that loved this girl before him. He knew that they had kissed many times before but it never made a difference to how amazing both of them felt doing it.

His lips grazed over her glossy own and just then, he remembered how much he loved apples.

Surprisingly, Jasmine pulled away first. He was amazed that there was still a frown on her face. This time, it looked more serious and scary than when he'd called her naïve.

"Aladdin?" Her tone went worried. "What's wrong? And don't lie to me."

He sighed and leaned back into the wooden chair. "Jas. I get scared sometimes."

"Scared? Of what? Did I do something wrong? Were you threatened by Daddy's guards again?..."

"No." He chuckled off her questions but bit his lower lip as well. "I guess...I guess I'm scared of loosing you."

Tension slowly lifted from her face. "That's it? You're scared that I'll stop loving you?"

He bit down his tongue to avoid telling her that it was actually the other way around.
Jasmine Sultan was a pearl. And he'd heard goats like Gaston and Naveen talk wildly about taking her away from him.
He couldn't let her go.

But Aurora...

Jasmine leaped up and hugged him tightly, not making the mistake of letting go. "Oh, Al. You are silly. Do you know how many guys in this school are hotter than you, taller than you, more athletic than you?" She pulled away and looked him coyly in the eye.
"Believe me, Vanessa and I have had series of stare-offs over Hercules and I think I saw Flynn Rider shirtless once and have you seen Phoebus in the sunlight?...sorry. Not the point."

"Point is, they'll all come better and worse but one thing's for sure. It's this silly Arabian scrawny guy I picked. And It's you I'll keep on picking even if heaven's angels were to come before my eyes. I love you, Al. No matter what. And I'm not planning to let you go. Trust me." She squeezed his hands.

"We'll be like Snow and Prince, even better."

Aladdin smiled, never being more reassured than ever and feeling luckier than a four-leaved clover for being stick with the prettiest girl in school.

"With all this love, Jas, promise me one thing. I'll be the one doing the proposal. Not you"

Jasmine's face suddenly grew sinister. "Oh You!" And she playfully slapped his arm.

In the midst of all the laughter, he felt really, truly bad.