Chapter 54

Jasmine finally made it down the stairs, elegantly, head held high, her black voluminous hair cascading down her back, and with Tiger trailing happily behind her, they seemed like a classy sibling duo.

Aladdin quickly stood up, his jaw never leaving the ground. "Jas-"

"I see the place is almost full."

She looked away from him and to her guests. "Look, Tiger. Lemme go say hi to Tia, the food looks great."

"Jasmine, wait. Let me-"

Jasmine walked in the totally opposite direction, leaving her faux fur coat to trail behind her.

* * *

"This is heavenly." Kristoff dramatically picked off a piece of lemon meringue off the tray with a toothpick.

Tiana blushed.

"Glad you like it."

"Like it? This is worth every penny, Tia." Jasmine lowered her eyes, examining the full table if assorted snacks. "How many days did it take you to do all these?"

"Just two. I stayed up all night."

"Wow." Jasmine and Anna chorused. Tiana noticed Jasmine hardly even touched any food.

"Hey Kristoff, try this mousse." Anna placed a spoonful of dark mousse into his mouth.

Kristoff took a while, devouring the taste in each cheek. "That's it, Anna. I'm dropping you. I've found myself a new bae."

"Hey!" Anna smacked his torso, causing him to erupt a chuckle.

"I'll have to leave. The sight of all this food..." Jasmine looked away, rubbing each finger over the other.

"You've barely had a bite though." Tiana stated.

"I had a huge lunch earlier, my bad. And I doubt there'll be leftovers. Why don't you just save me a slice of pie."

"What ever you want." Tiana raised her hands as-a-matter-of-factedly.

"And all of you look so good tonight. Thanks for coming."

Anna spooned some more mousse as she watched the hostess leave. "Talk about bummed out."

"You think she was bummed out?" Tiana looked down at her diced apples as she popped one into her mouth.

"She might as well have written it on her forehead."

"I've warned you to face your food and mind your own business." Kristoff said.

"Honey, it's drink your water and mind your own..."

"Anna."

Both Anna and Kristoff turned. Elsa stood before them.

She looked a mess.

In comparison to everyone else's winter get-up, she looked like she was dressed in pajamas.
She had on a simple teal-coloured full sleeved top with matching but patterned trousers. Her face was void of make-up and she really looked deathly pale.

"Anna, we have to talk. We have to talk NOW."
She made a grab for Anna's wrist but Anna drew back.

"Hey Els." Kristoff offered a smile. Elsa looked at him, smiled and warily faced her sister. "Don't be stubborn, Anna. I need to speak with you."

"Now you want to speak, when everything is exposed, is there any need speaking? And from Hans..."

"I can explain all that's been happening." She paused to tiredly place a palm on her forehead. "I'm tired now. Can we quickly talk?"