Chapter 10: Boys' Wing

"Aaahhhh, no one shaves like Gaston," Gaston clapped the white cream all over his large chin.

Hans, his roommate leaned against the door frame in high irritation.
"Well, the least you can do is move over for me to have a share of our bathroom!"

Gaston whipped around so fast, Hans would have sworn his neck would snap off. "People like me have no time to listen to your puny cries. Where's my razor?" He finally marched out of the bathroom.

Hans sighed. Their Lodge Master, Phil, had insisted that Gaston stay with Hans since it was the only room with one occupant and Hans was not having the best time with the new arrangements.

"Where are you going anyway? It's seven in the evening,"

"This good looking guy's got a date." Gaston adjusted his shirt and used his hand to run through his overly gelled hair.

"Oh?" Hans squeezed out a tube of toothpaste, making sure it was toothpaste. With Gaston as a roommate, one was never sure.

"Uh huh, with a gorgeous beauty."

"Uh...that Drizella girl?"

"Ugh!" He turned to look at Hans. "I said 'gorgeous'! Speaking of which, I even have to send a break up message ASAP. Anywho, the girl's name is Ariel. A real redhead darling."

"Ariel Triton? She's in my class. You're sure it's not out of pity?" Hans snickered, causing Gaston to glower at him.

"Nope. She probably appreciated my charms and good looks."

"Uh huh." Hans covered his mouth with his hand.

"You act like you're better, Prince Hans. Who've you caught so far?"

"We started this semester three weeks ago. Who did you think I'd catch in so little time?"

Gaston let out a guffaw. "And you call yourself the perfect one."

"I am perfect."

"Well, so am I. Cheers to the perfect roommates. Root beer on me, chap."

"Shut up."

There was a knock on the door. A bang, rather.

Gaston growled. "No, I'm not beautiful yet. You get that. I'll be in the bathroom!" Before Hans could retaliate, Gaston had already pulled his roommate out of the bathroom and slammed the door in his face.

Hans just rolled his eyes and walked to the door. Immediately he twisted the knob, the door flew open in his face. Jack Frost, Kuzco and Hiccup stood there.

"Hey, Hans!" Jack was the first to yell, smiles never leaving their faces.

Hans tried to cover up his disappointment. "What?"

"We actually came looking for Gaston. He owes us some...you know?" Kuzco rubbed his thumb and his index finger together.

"He's not home. Goodbye," he tried to close the door but Hiccup held the door open. "No way. We have a football bet tonight. We have to put some money on the table. And we don't have anything to put. Either your roommate pays up, or you pay up."

"And how is it that I pay up?" Hans kept his cool with internal struggle. "He's not around. When he returns, I'll inform him—"

"Hey! How will we bet this night?!" Kuzco demanded.

"Well, I dunno, it's not my business."

"But–"

"Whoa, whoa, guys. Calm down." Jack smirked at his friends. "This has nothing to do with Hans-y here. It's Gaston that has the issue." He faced Hans.
"We won't bet tonight, no biggie..."

Kuzco and Hiccup began to murmur but Jack raised up a hand to quiet them. "But you are invited to watch the game with us today at Ol' Mickey's. You can't turn me down, old friend."

"Not interested."

"Now, don't be like that. Gaston was meant to be our fourth wheel but since he made a disappearance, you can fill in."

"Again. Not. Interested."

"Come on, Hans, lighten up. It'll be fun. Just like old times."

Hans pinched the bridge of his nose, pressing his eyes tightly. "OK, fine. If it'll get you to leave. I have some assignments to do now, anyway."

"That's my guy!" Jack brought out a fist for a fist bump but Hans frowned at it.

Kuzco and Hiccup kept on frowning at Jack who completely ignored their glares.

"Hey, three of you!" Patron Phil called out from a distance, fists on his protruding waist."No unnecessary gathering. It gives me the idea that you're all planning something!"

The three boys rolled their eyes at their ironic patron.

"Hey, uncle Phil!" Hercules suddenly appeared behind Phil, smacking his behind and running back into his room. Other boys appeared and began to laugh at the red faced patron.

Hans frowned again. How on earth did he get stuck with so many scoundrels?

Stepping back inside, he slammed his door.