Chapter 58: End Game

"Low blow." Mulan charged at Esmeralda, who looked more drunk than Tinkerbell ever did.

Mulan didn't even bother to look up, to see if Shang was in the room. Hopefully, Esmeralda hadn't been loud enough for everybody to hear.

Mulan quickly snatched the plastic cup from Esmeralda's grip.

It was bad enough for the night to be going bad for a number of people. She didn't need this drama in her life.

Pocahontas reached out to catch Esmeralda when she stumbled. If it was possible, the night had to be called quits.

"Oh. Oh. There it is! There it is!" Tinkerbell shrieked.

Mulan growled and looked up. Hopefully, whatever this little demon was about to spout had nothing to do with the Shang issue.
She'd slap her roommate forever if anything went wrong.

The hall was still in somewhat of a commotion. Tiana was definitely in a heated conversation with Naveen. Tarzan, big strong Tarzan, had his head bent in his palms as Jane stroked his dreadlocks.
Wendy, Peter and Terrence never stopped mumbling. Terrence obviously looked the most pained.
Jasmine sat unbothered, however. But her steely resolve countered.
And Aladdin was practically in actual tears behind her.

Amidst the mumbling and rumblings in the entire hall.

And Tinkerbell was still willing to talk?

"Okay, okay, guys. Get this." Tinkerbell shrilled.

There were uninterested groans in the crowd, but it didn't stop people from looking up.

"Who else has noticed Esmeralda and Pocahontas lately? Pretty cosy, am I right?"
Then she burst into uncontrollable laughter.

In an instant, there were gasps.
And back stiffenings.

Phoebus and John happened to be in the same vicinity at that time.
A strange look crossed their faces at once.

Pocahontas looked flabbergasted.

"No really. You guys have been sneaking off together, having secret meetings and stuff. Could you two be any more discreet."

Pocahontas glared hard, taking in Tinkerbell's irritable state. She began to shake her head disapprovingly. "It's a shame how two people of the same gender can't just be friends without sparking off the interest of the ones around them."

"Wait." John Smith's surprised voice rebounded behind her.
She turned around immediately, but kept firm grip on the half conscious Esmeralda.

From the look on John's face, Pocahontas could already tell what was coming.

John took his time to walk up to her, a pointy finger in mid-air, as if trying to understand.

When he was only 3 feet away from her, he halted. "Wait a minute. So... you broke up with me as of that time because..."

"Are you being serious, John? Is that what's coming to your mind right now?"

"I mean," he scoffed. "I'm just thinking..."

"And that's what you could come up with so far? That I'm gay? So I can't have a female friend?"

"This close?"

"John! Even most couples don't go around everywhere everytime. Because I do that is completely not suspicious."

"What exactly do you want me to think now? We were great one second, and the next, we're not."

"I've been going through things."

"With her?"

Pocahontas gritted her teeth. "Sort of."