Chapter 38: Jelsa

Quick A/N:
Happy Independence Day to my Beautiful Country🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬! I just know we'll get better as the years roll by!
********************
"You always look downcast when you see me. And you're paler tonight. Do you mind sharing your thoughts?" Hans reached over the table and took Elsa's pale hand in his.

Truth be told, she wasn't getting any better and she knew she wasn't. Almost all her clothes had become so loose on her and she could feel her hair thinning.

The least she could ask of was some peace of mind during her last days.

The mere thought that she might not be successful in her fight was sickening. She was trying so hard but lately, it was getting harder.
All the pains she had to fight against in silence, it was getting too tiring.

"Hans, I can't do this anymore." She pulled her hand away. "You can't continue doing this to me."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know what you want from me. I know it's not me, though. Maybe it's the recognition or something. You know, as the first born in the family?" She sighed.

"No, no. How can you think that?" He looked desperate for a second. "I love you, I really do."

"You need to learn to shut the hell up. I've always hated being this soft. I don't like being pushed around. And I'll curse myself if I continue to do what I don't want to." She pushed her chair back, her hand going behind her neck for the clasp of the necklace.

"You're really going to-"

"I'm not stupid, Hans. You're really a very selfish bastard." She slapped the necklace on the table top. "And you're as boring as hell. I don't want that."

She stayed there for a while, little pride blossoming in her, but she knew that wasn't all.

Hans also stayed quiet, studying the pendant on the table. In the split of a second, his visage went sour.

He broke into a dark laugh. "No kidding. You really want to give me up. Just like that? Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Surprise me." She crossed her arms.

"How about how you nearly went loco and almost killed your little sister Anna? Twice."

It was Elsa's turn to laugh darkly. "Really? Are you that immature? That's what you want to use against me?" She took in a deep breath.
"Okay. I guess you're that terrible, I'm ready to march up to Anna and tell her myself."

Hans glowered. "You think you can tell your sister that you nearly pushed her off a balcony and smothered her with a pillow? You really think that?"

Elsa leaned in. "I should have done that to you. That was my greatest regret."

"So, how will it be. Go tell Anna that."

"I will. Even if she hates me, it definitely won't be for long. Then we'll both be happy, having finally gotten rid of you."

"So much ice in you now. I see you've been learning how to talk back. What could have inspired it? It's attractive, really." He smirked.

"I'll leave you to decide whether you want to leave our family alone, you gold digger. Worst part is that you're so bad at it. Your techniques are shitty. You need more practice, Hans of the Southern Isles." She flinched suddenly. Not because she was already flaring up, but because there was a sharp jab in her lower abdomen.

Oh God. She couldn't have an attack in front of this bastard.

Hans kept on looking at her, the smile constantly plastered on his face. "You know..." he slid around the chair and over to her, so close the hair on her arm could feel his own.