Chapter 31: Tarzan

Tarzan sped past hallways and students, not caring whoever it was that fell behind him. All because of the only person who would ever make him lose his breath.

Jane Porter.

Jane was lazily flipping through her biology notes when he came up behind her. She nearly jumped out of her skin on mere sight of him.
"Oh God, Tar..."

"Jane!" He beamed as he swung over and landed on the table in front of her.

Jane managed a smile. She never got tired of her athletic hunk of a boyfriend, but right then, she knew she certainly did not want to be around him. Especially considering the little information she'd been hiding for a month now.

"What is this?" He picked up the book in her hand, holding it by a couple of leaves.

"It's my assignment, Tarzan. Give that back!"

"It's my assignment, Tarzan. Give that back." Tarzan laughed as he mimicked his girlfriend's deep British accent. "Guess whose lowest grade in his result was D today?" He pointed both thumbs to himself.

"That's better than an F, yes?"

"I told you I could try harder." He beamed.

He knew he'd never loved any other person apart from his family like he was madly in love with Jane. She was more than exquisite, a pure knowledge herself, an artist, his very own mistress. The only one who had accepted him in all his reality... his savagery.

He couldn't help it when he leaned forward, engulfing her in one huge hug. "I'm happy you're mine. You know that, right?"

Jane gulped. With every passing second, he made her guilt more difficult to bear day after day. "How is Kala, love?"

"She's OK. She keeps asking of you. I can't blame her. I tell everyone you make me so happy..."

Oh God! He wasn't making this easy.

"Tarzan!"

He stopped. His face squeezing into a worrisome frown on focusing on her face. "What happened. Why are you sad? Did I do something wrong?"

Jane sighed and looked down at her palms. With everything going on with the failed talent show, she couldn't believe how much time had passed. How much time had passed without letting him know.

"Before I start, I want you to know that I love you so much and nothing is going to change that. And all I do, I do in consideration of your uttermost feelings..."

"You scare me." He shifted his head backward.

She sighed, pursing her tiny lips. Her fingers lifted up and brushed through his brown dreadlocks which was tied magnificently into a macho bun. She wished she'd done this earlier so she could savour in every moment of him. "I love you, Tarzan."

He caught her hands in his big ones and held it to his chest. "Tell me what's going on. Now."

The slight growl on his voice did make her shiver a bit but she didn't move away. She knew he'd never hurt her.

Taking back her hands from his grip, her eyes turned sad as she began to reach for her duffel bag. "I'm so sorry."

Tarzan's worried look followed her hand all the way till he saw her pull out a white envelope.

She slowly laid the envelope on his crossed lap, her eyes refusing to meet his.
He could swear that she was at the point of bursting out. Looking at the envelope, he raised a brow and faced her once more.

"You want me to read this?"

"Yes, yes. Do carry on. Quickly. It's for your own sake." Her eyes still didn't meet his.