Chapter 60: Finally

Elsa was too stunned to move. Her cousin and her sister had never been so much at loss with words.

Jack was basically the only person who was locomotive. "I could get anyone to officiate it. Right now. What about that?"

The whole room seemed to quiet, much oblivious to Jack though.

"Are you mad?" Anna's hushed tone slipped into the atmosphere. "My sister is on her sick bed and trying to recover and you want to give her a heart attack?"

"No no." He turned to look at her. His stance looked way too eager.
"I love your sister so much. I love her too much to joke about this."

"What, you've known her for like, two days and you want to get married to her?..." Anna barked.

Rapunzel held her shoulders to keep her from springing up at the boy. She fought the urge to point out the irony in Anna's statement.
"Calm down now."

"No, Punzie. He-"

"Anna?" Elsa breathed. The giggling Elsa of like, ten minutes ago washed away. "Anna, can I... can I talk to him? Give us like twenty minutes or less. Please?"

"Els, no way. He's gonna-"

"Anna." Elsa repeated, leaning forward to place a gentle hand upon her sister. "Please?"

Anna looked at her sister for a moment, then relaxed her countenance. "Okay then. If you say so." She quietly let Rapunzel guide her out then both of them disappeared behind the door.

Elsa tried to count to ten before breathing out. "Well, you could have handled that much better than the way you did."

"What d'you mean? I'm being sincere-"

"I know. It's just... Marriage?" She practically chuckled. "Are you even up to twenty-one? You know the state I'm in, don't you? That's why you're doing this?"

Jack chose not to answer. Rather, he held both her hands. "I know we've been seeing each other for less than a month. But it's been the best less than a month ever. I don't know about you but I feel we connected. I feel we, we are meant to be. It's too perfect. We're too perfect."

The tear slid down her face before she could stop them. But she'd cried too much in life and she wanted this last moment of hers to be strong. She wiped the stray liquid away.
"I feel so bad that I've got so much love during this period. I feel so, so bad. But what can I do? I'm sick."

"I know you didn't want to tell me about your ailment. But I understand, okay? And I just want you to remember that I'll be with you forever. It's all you need to know."

"You have to tell me. Is it because of the sex-"

"My God, how could you think that?!"

Elsa exhaled again.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just...I'm so scared, Jack. I think you'll know that. But I'm trying live it all today. I'm trying to smile and not regret anything. This whole proposal... do you know how sudden that is? You're making it harder to accept the fact that I won't be around for long."

"I know it's sudden. Too sudden but what else could I do? I'll be the one regretting not being with you earlier. I can't let you go without knowing that you're really mine."

Elsa's heart broke. But she never thought that breaking would be the best feeling in the world. Her hands slipped out of his hold to hold him instead. "Why on earth didn't we meet way before this? Here we are, acting like star-crossed lovers after only weeks. Imagine if we'd known each other since."

"I don't care about the time we meet. I care about now. Having you, holding you-"

"Jack, I'm going to die." Her body felt a loss of air. It was reality. She was going to die.
It was like the fact just sank in. Because her chest tightened.